NAUI vs PADI ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is essentially dead. Other than someone laughing at a really old (I heard it 25 years ago) joke and your post pointing out the thread started 6 years ago, the last post was about 5 months ago. While the topic comes up fairly often, it's not being currently discussed in this thread.

Threads never really die on ScubaBoard.

Of course they do ... some threads chronically end up dead. Well, to be accurate, staff kills them. But some lively discussion happens first ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A good joke is always funny no matter how old it is....:rofl3:
First: Are you calling Walter or NWGratefulDiver a joke? :D

Second: Are you basing it on their looks or on their posting history? :D :D

My son and I got OW and AOW from NAUI in the cold water Buffalo NY area. We also have AOW from PADI in the Caribbean. PADI accepted our OW cards without question. Our PADI AOW cards were not accepted by NAUI...

The NAUI courses were far more rigorous and demanding as cold water diving is.

I have to say that all of our NAUI instructors have always been top notch. 2 out of 3 of the PADI instructors were first class; the 3rd seemed to be too young to know what he was doing as an instructor. He was more like a mediocre DM...

Your PADI AOW card will be accepted by NAUI for what it is equivalent to a NAUI OWII or Sport Diver card. It is not equivalent to a NAUI Advanced Diver card.

Your PADI AOW card will be accepted by NAUI for what it is equivalent to a NAUI OWII or Sport Diver card. It is not equivalent to a NAUI Advanced Diver card.
I don't believe that this has been accurate for many years Thal. There is no OWII for NAUI, or a "Sport Diver" cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom