Nautilus Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carole R

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For our 10th anniversary, my husband is taking me on a trip to remember(YES, My Idea!!). Has anyone been on the Nautilus Explorer? On the Guadalupe Great White Shark Dive? I wanted to go to South America, but this seems like a good alternative (price wise)...all input is welcome!
Carole

Carole R:
For our 10th anniversary, my husband is taking me on a trip to remember(YES, My Idea!!). Has anyone been on the Nautilus Explorer? On the Guadalupe Great White Shark Dive? I wanted to go to South America, but this seems like a good alternative (price wise)...all input is welcome!
Carole

That vessel enjoys a stellar reputation.

I was on the Nautilus Explorer last April in Socorro. Great boat and an awesome captain and crew. I've not been with them to Guadalupe but I'm sure you'll have a great time.

A customer of mine did the Guadelupe trip and had an excellent time. I have the DVD of the whole trip and play it all the time!! If you have any questions about the trip, let me know I have picked his brains about his expedition

I can't say enough GOOD about the Nautilus!!

Although I've only done one of their "northern" itineraries, as you are hearing from others, you won't go wrong with these folks!

The Nautilus is a well oiled operation. Mike runs a very professional crew. Wonderful food, and they make you feel like family. You can have as much fun as you want as long as you follow the rules. (15 ft saftey stop, 500 psi air...)

I think the Key with Guadalupe is When You Go. We went with the Horizon last year. It was their second trip out and we had a great time. We saw 9-12 sharks, 3 breaches, common to have 2-3 around the cage and I can only recall one 3 hour stint where a shark did not come by. Doc said the 1st trip out had been even better. GIVEN IT IS ALL LUCK, buuuuttttt as I have read reports of others it seems the interactions have decreased as the season progresses. MY Completely Unscientific, Unsubstantiated theory is; as more operators are taking more and more folks out the sharks are spreading out between the different vessels and probably getting better fed, resulting in needing to spend less and less time around your cage.

Back
Top Bottom