NC Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotta love my state. :)

There is no shore diving here, unless you like looking at nothing but flat sand at 30 feet.
In order to get any depth you gotta go waaaaay out.
Kinda hard to plan a trip during the summer. While the water temps are great, the sea conditions are what will kill your trip. During hurricane season (june-october) your more likely to have the charter cancelled. I don't think I was able to get out at all last july.
Be prepared for long boat rides to any of the good wrecks. Getting to the dive site is a lot of fun. Getting back in the boat after the dive is sometimes more thrilling than the dive itself.
you ain't lived till you experiance a "carolina ladder ride."

BradfordNC once bubbled...
gotta love my state. :)

Getting to the dive site is a lot of fun. Getting back in the boat after the dive is sometimes more thrilling than the dive itself.
you ain't lived till you experiance a "carolina ladder ride."

Never heard it called that but you are right. To watch the stern dip under the water then see the prop rise into the air is a site to see, esp from 6ft behind the boat. Scares the crap out of me to get on the ladder but the ride up is a rush! The diving is completely safe compaired to the ladder ride in 6 ft seas.

I used to live in N.C. for 5 years and Olympus Dive Center is the best LDS I have ever been too. In fact, I still use them fro almost everything and I now live in Florida. They have 2 boats, the Olympus can hold 20 divers and all of their gear and Midnight Express can hold 12-14 and all of their gear. i go up and dive with them every year in May or June and have nothing but great experiences from them.

The diving off of N.C. is one of my favorites anywhere. the visibility is usually 60+ and alot of the time it's over 100'. If you can bool a trip with them you will be doing yourself a favor as far as the LDS's in that area. They are also a full service nitrox center as well and last time I was up there all of the people from Discovery had to come over to get their fills. I'm not trying to bash any of the stores up there I'm just voicing my opinion on the best LDS and Boat service.

Thanks
Nathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom