NCD Weekend in Monterey March 17-20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skynscuba:
Hey Peter, which model of Hobie did you get? Did you get the pedal drive?

It is a Hobie Revolution, and comes with the Mirage pedal drive system.

Chuck, are you suggesting that my writing is so poor, I did not graduate HS, and still need a GED? Well you would be almost right. I did somehow graduate from HS, but barely. There are plenty of errors in my writing above to prove it. I found them when re-reading it :confused: Plus my story is told from my perspective, not the groups...so bad me or is it bad we?

The dive at the research center was interesting and worth doing again. Sure would be nice if we could all have access to it...and hot showers after.

What do you mean a big up and down there Chuck?

Anytime Chuck :) Someday in the future, I will be looking forward to meeting you. What I read of your posts, is from a very positive person, with a good outlook on life.

LOL :D I just read this thread. I totally forgot about that pic! The cross eyes were uhh because of the double steel 100s on my back, yeah that's it! But in reality I'm just a goof! :shakehead

It was a fun weekend, I really enjoyed sharing it with the NCD. The conditions were not the best but we made a nice weekend of it; too bad I couldn't stick around for Lobos on Monday.

On the boat on Saturday there was some guy swimming circles around us, some kind of flashing light on him, and the part that really bugged me was that he was practically molesting the metridium anemone. Sticking his hands in them making them shrivel up. Not real nice, to me it would be like kicking a dog just for the fun of it. :(

Chuck Tribolet:
Hopkins Marine Institute is fenced, but on the inland side of the road. It is private
property. I got to do a
dive or two there a long time ago as part of an Aquarium "Marine Biology for Divers"
class. They have gear lockers, hot showers, and drying racks. For their students (its
a branch of Stanford). So take the GEDs, get admitted, and go diving there. ;-)
or I could just use my key to the gate, hot foot it to the public beach area and take the heat at work if the stanford folks complain :) Haven't done it yet, but it is mighty tempting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom