NDL Limit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...the question itself is forgiveable. Many people have confusions on many different matters. I certainly have asked my share of stupid questions.

But, dude...your profile says you are a DM! Please explain how you have gone through all that training and never understood the physics behind NDLs? On top of that, it is assumed that as a DM you are in a position of leadership....i.e. people look up to you and trust that you won't take them on a dive that will lead to a chamber ride.

Are you really a DM? SSI has a thing called a "Master Diver" that you get after 50 dives. Is that the type of card you hold maybe?

cornfed once bubbled...

We just had another thread on this topic not to long ago. I'm not suprised that another diver had the same question. I am suprised he couldn't find in using the search button...
If he is unsure if his NDL will change for different tanks, what makes you think he would be able to use the search function.

MISFIT DIVER once bubbled...
I could not understand why guys who do not hog air think they need bigger tanks.

My opinion is that you cant have to much air as long as your not pushing or exceeding your NDL limits for that dive. You never know when an emergency might arise requiring extra air such as air sharing, getting untangled, etc.

Soggy once bubbled...

But, dude...your profile says you are a DM! Please explain how you have gone through all that training and never understood the physics behind NDLs? On top of that, it is assumed that as a DM you are in a position of leadership....i.e. people look up to you and trust that you won't take them on a dive that will lead to a chamber ride.

Are you really a DM? SSI has a thing called a "Master Diver" that you get after 50 dives. Is that the type of card you hold maybe?
This is the question that needs to be answered!
If you are a DM how can you not understand basic theory. Not trying to dog you but soggy is right!

Ok guys, forgive me for I have sinned. Yes I am a DM and have been fulled trainined. I have also had some limited training on the search button, but am striving to do better.

I have a complete grasp on theroy and do understand it. I apologize if the question was retarted.

No Corn, not testy

Soggy once bubbled...
Ok...the question itself is forgiveable. Many people have confusions on many different matters. I certainly have asked my share of stupid questions.

But, dude...your profile says you are a DM!

ROFLMAO!! Holy ****!

There's nothing wrong with not knowing something.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions you might be expected to know.

There is something wrong with an instructor who doesn't teach basics and issues c-cards anyway. I'm always outraged when I encounter it, not at the victim of the class, but at the person/people responsible.

Keep asking questions. You won't overcome the short comings of the class of which you were a victim unless you ask those questions.

Some reasons off the top of my head someone might want a bigger tank include high air consumption, planned decompression, buoyancy characteristics and as a safety factor.

Back
Top Bottom