Need a Buddy for Shore Diving Kauai - March 18-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halems

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be on the south shore of Kauai for two weeks. I will be doing several boat dives, but would like to do some shore dives to hold down the costs. Koloa Landing is so near and such a great dive site, it seems a shame to not dive it.

Let me know if you will be there. Thanks

As you may be aware the island has been experiencing heavy - heavy rains. While the off shore diving will likely recover there is a real possibility that the landing will need more time (at least at the beginning of your stay). You'll no doubt get updated as you arrive but I thought you might care for a heads up. Diving has been cancelled for the majority of the past week but we are hoping to get out in the next day or so.

I've seen many divers post here looking for a buddy w/o initial succcess - however.... once you arrive you'll find that picking up a buddy on one of your dive boats will likely be very very easy. It's pretty common to see and at least that way it isnt a total stranger.

Well I'll certainly be hoping you have great luck picking up a buddy. Koloa is such an awesome dive. Prior to the rains we had juvenile frogfish, dragon morays, plentiful octopus, lionfish and harlequin shrimp all on the site. I'm sure it'll fantastic again as the muck clears.

Have a great day/best wishes from Kauai

A

I will be in Kauai from March 24 to April 7th. I will be doing some boat dives with Seasport. I have been following the shore diving this week and it is not looking great. However, if things clear up I would be willing to do dive with you if you wish to dive with an old divemaster. I should add that I have not dove Koloa Landing before however I can get info from dive shop that I doing boat dives with. My email is jpbrenner@shaw.ca, we can exchange info thru my email.

As you may be aware the island has been experiencing heavy - heavy rains. While the off shore diving will likely recover there is a real possibility that the landing will need more time (at least at the beginning of your stay). You'll no doubt get updated as you arrive but I thought you might care for a heads up. Diving has been cancelled for the majority of the past week but we are hoping to get out in the next day or so.

I've seen many divers post here looking for a buddy w/o initial succcess - however.... once you arrive you'll find that picking up a buddy on one of your dive boats will likely be very very easy. It's pretty common to see and at least that way it isnt a total stranger.

Well I'll certainly be hoping you have great luck picking up a buddy. Koloa is such an awesome dive. Prior to the rains we had juvenile frogfish, dragon morays, plentiful octopus, lionfish and harlequin shrimp all on the site. I'm sure it'll fantastic again as the muck clears.

Have a great day/best wishes from Kauai

A

Any updates on shore diving? I had heard viz etc still no so good in Koloa, however have not heard anything since last week Weds
Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom