Need a dive buddy for November 22 or 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurel,
EUWP is good. Bob did it justice. For just a simple dive where you don't have to concern yourself with tides etc... Cove 2 at Alki is great. There are a number of GPO's in residence there now. It's a simple dive, with a max of 115' at Olives. The I beams are at about 100' on a high tide. Just stay within the u/w rope boundaries and you will be fine. This is also where there has been a number of 6 gills to be found if you get lucky. If you do a night dive with an HID then you may have a harbor seal feeding in your light. They manage to stir up the bottom like a student though...

I love long exploring dives... I usually get about 55-65 minutes on an 80 tank in depths of 30-40 ft. I can't tell the distance or depths from your walk-through, but it sounds totally marvelous!

overexposed2X:
Laurel,
Cove 2 at Alki is great. There are a number of GPO's in residence there now. It's a simple dive, with a max of 115' at Olives. The I beams are at about 100' on a high tide.

Thanks OE2X, while I do enjoy going deep, I will probably be driving homeward on Tuesday or Wednesday and would rather not go deep before driving in the mountains. That's the main reason for choosing to dive Nitrox, to keep my bubble count low.

scubalaurel:
Thanks OE2X, while I do enjoy going deep, I will probably be driving homeward on Tuesday or Wednesday and would rather not go deep before driving in the mountains. That's the main reason for choosing to dive Nitrox, to keep my bubble count low.

No worries, I understand. Cove 2 is still a great dive staying shallow. There is a big GPO at 48' and if you are on 32% you should be just fine. I'm assuming you are talking about the mts. down around Grants Pass. You should get about 7 hours of driving time from Bremerton to get there.

PM me if you want to do something along these lines...

Back
Top Bottom