Need a good night dive light - Sub $200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for the price larry had the light cannon for, you should jump on it, the LEDS are great lights, i'm planning on getting a c4 led for my backup, but for one primary light in that price range believe me the light cannon can't be beat...

I think that the UK Light canon 100 is just this side of fraud. You know there is no reason to continue to sell a dive light that continually has the trouble this light has had. They should be recalled and a replacement given to anyone who bought one. The design is flawed. NO dive light should be allowed to be sold with those inherent problems. Don't get me wrong.... I love the light output. But you and I have no business diving with a light that is pretty much guaranteed that it will fail. I guess what bothers me....... is that if I went around selling a product like that...... my arss would be in jail by now. Sorry for the rant.... it just really bothers me when I see a product on the market like that. It has no business being sold IMO.

Anyway..... I am considering the UK eLED C8.

wow, obviously you've had some problems with yours, for my part, i know several people who have them, and all are happy, me included, although i don't have as many dives with mine as some of them.

Yea, mine has bounced all over the world, seen dozens of trips and hundreds of dives, even lent it out to folks, rental, etc... and it has never given me one lick of trouble.

Hello?

Its not just a single problem that happens every so often kinda thing. Then net is littered with owners of the light that have had to replace the bulbs. Not only that.....
go take a peek what you have to pay for the bulb if you are not lucky enough to tell the seller to shove it or give you what you paid for (a working light). If you are lucky you will get your first bulb replacement for free. If you are lucky.

Anyway.... once again, I have like "0" tolerance for crapinole like that. It burns me to see that they are still selling them.

In this thread alone.... there are several problems encountered. I don't need a light that goes "off" unexpectedly.

They just need to change the design a bit.... and it would be one heck of a light (although some of you think so already) :)

on a night dive just last night my light cannon died. had to wait a few, to get
it working again . we can't all be crazy . a $179 peace of crap.

hmmm... odd... i would say maybe quality control is the issue (some batches good,
others not), but UK is a good outfit. i've never had trouble with any of their lights.

maybe some of the components, manufactured by others, are to blame? so if those
components are in a light, it is likely to fail, while others are trouble-free?

just thinking outloud

Its not the entire line of lights we are talking about. Just the Light Canon 100. It is a light that should have been pulled off the shelves years ago. That or it should come with a six pack of bulbs (only a mere $79 a piece). I still would be hard pressed to take it with me.

okay, well my bulb hasn't broken yet, so if it does, and i have to pay $79, i' might be pissed too...till then, i love mine!!

The HID bulbs are quirky and a little more fragile than your standard halogen. One of the tradeoffs of the outstanding light output...

Wait til we have 15 watt LED's with almost 0 heat output and are tougher than the housing itself :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom