Need a new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JakeP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My entry level scuba pro puck died. I need to replace it and want to go wrist mount and not console this time. I am really leaning towards shearwater perdix because of the AA battery. am I wrong to be worried about longevity of the rechargeable batteries? and of course I have to decide AI or no AI.

Jake

I have Perdix AI and it is great. I don't do any tech diving but still appreciate the great screen and more aggressive algorithm. My wife was using an Oceanic Pro Plus 3 which she really liked, but I got her a Shearwater Tern AI recently. She didn't think she needed a new computer but now she loves the Tern and won't go back to the console.​

Most folks seem to think the battery in the Peregrine is just fine (really good, actually). If you don't need the functionality of a Perdix for tech diving and don't want AI, check out the Peregrine. If you want AI, the Tern TX is available with that.

I should have mentioned in my post that I prefer the perdix because screen is easier for me to see with presbyopia. My wife had lasik so no issues for her with smaller screen on Tern TX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom