Need a new regulator =8-0 !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sanaeo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :snorkels:

Do you have any recommendations for a good, reliable, reasonably priced regulator? I visited several dive sites yesterday (such as Dive Toys, Leisure Pro (they have good prices!) and even perused Scuba.com. My husband's and my regulators are 13 year old US Divers! While they have been reliable, I think we are due to replace them (I had a problem with the diaphragm in mine last time I used it). :turtle:

Any suggestions? I have seen a couple of dive places show rankings by an independent tester, "Scuba Lab". Is there any validity to this? We pretty much only do warm water diving, with occasional dives of the Pacific around Santa Cruz island and Cataline. We don't need any of the fancy ones that do Nitrox or are rated for freezing waters...just some good, reliable regulators ;-) :goldfish:

Thanks so much!!!!!

I love my APEX. They breath smoothly and have cracking adjustments right on them so you can set it to suit you. One important factor is that they can be worked on underwater in the event of an emergency. There are online sources for prices that are less expensive than LDS'. They are not cheap regs though. They are strong dependable regs and I love mine.

Can't go wrong with an Apeks, and if doing your own service is an issue for you, they're quite easy to service

if i could buy any regs i wanted, i'd buy Apeks

Thank you, everyone! Looks like Apeks is the one I should be giving some consideration to...I found one by a company called "Genesis", the Atlas model....ScubaToys sells it for $219, and Leisure Pro sells it for $159 right now...The Delta 3 is also recommended. I will check out the Apeks!

Thanks again, you guys are great!!!

:snorkel: :10:

Hi,

I have a Scuba Pro Mark 25 and it is wonderful. I have tried many different regs and I love it. It breaths easily at all angles and fits comfortably in my mouth. I have also used the Delta 3 and it is great also. My first instructors swore by the delta 3 and now my instructors and my friends instructors swear by scuba pro.

Both are great.

Aloha

I'm new to diving and when I was doing my contained dives in March I had a sharp pain in my upper left chest, just under my shoulder. The dm changed the reg to a balanced reg for the rest of the dives in the pool - aboaut 18 ft. I had myself checked out and there is nothing wrong so when I went to buy my gear in May we discussed this problem - the dm was at the ds that day. They steared me towards the Scubapro Mark 25 with S600 1st stage. I have to say that a few weeks ago when I first tried it out for my OW segment of the class I was in love! I am off this weekend to do my advanced dives and can't wait! It is fully adjustable and breathes like a dream! It is a little pricey for start-up costs (buying all the gear) but without this peace of mind I now have I would be always worried about that pain returning at depth and not be able to fully relax and enjoy the dives. Can't beat lifetime warrantee either. :) No regrets here!

divingdreams:
Hi,

I have a Scuba Pro Mark 25 and it is wonderful. I have tried many different regs and I love it. It breaths easily at all angles and fits comfortably in my mouth. I have also used the Delta 3 and it is great also. My first instructors swore by the delta 3 and now my instructors and my friends instructors swear by scuba pro.

Both are great.

Aloha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom