Need a tester or two.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittohead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. My wife and I are trying to get ready for this summers diving trips, and neither of us have been diving in 3 years. We are taking our gear in for inspections, etc, but we were also going to try a couple of local dives in a month. I am also testing out my new video camera housing, but I need one or two more testers for this new housing. I will gladly send out a couple free units to people on this board. The housing is designed for the ulta budget market. It will only fit the smaller style camcorders. I only ask that you send me some video and critique it. Anybody interested? Oh yeah, hi everybody!

Hello,

What part of the world are you in? Your profile doesn't say.

I would be happy to help you. I am an amateur UW videographer myself, and am currently using an old "Video Sea" housing that I found on eBay and modified to work with my camera. I have a couple of different small digital camcorders to try.

I have access to a pool and lakes, and several upcoming ocean dives. I also have an UW still camera and can take pics of your housing 'in action'.

I am a bit of a 'jackleg' engineer myself, and I will do my best to give you constructive suggestions.

I live in the Atlanta area of the US.

Let me know if I can help.

Thomjinx

PM sent. I have access to several different styles/brands of video cameras and would love to get them UW to see how they perform. Could be beneficial to both of us =)

dittohead:
Hi all. My wife and I are trying to get ready for this summers diving trips, and neither of us have been diving in 3 years. We are taking our gear in for inspections, etc, but we were also going to try a couple of local dives in a month. I am also testing out my new video camera housing, but I need one or two more testers for this new housing. I will gladly send out a couple free units to people on this board. The housing is designed for the ulta budget market. It will only fit the smaller style camcorders. I only ask that you send me some video and critique it. Anybody interested? Oh yeah, hi everybody!
Color me skeptical.

I was born at night, but not LAST NIGHT.

Send me a camera, too, would ya? :shakehead

(Hope I'm wrong about this. Oh, and carfull to anyone who might be asked to send "shipping" or "depost" or anything like that.)

It has no rating, as it is a homebuilt tester right now. I have had it to 60 feet with no problem, and I plan on sinking it to 300 feet in a couple of weeks. It is only 4" in diameter, so it is designed for the mini camcorders. I am making a printable template this week to give an exact dimensional view of it's size. I built it for my new sony hdd camcorder. I will be making a list in a few weeks with model numbers that it is known to fit. The main idea is to sell a kit for under $100 that people can build themselves. I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on a vid camera housing that I am going to use a few times a year, and I am not submitting work for national geographic. This housing will be for people wanting to have fun with undewater video. I have a surfer friend who is strapping one to his surfboard next week for testing. I am also looking for a white water rafter tester also.

Rick Inman:
Color me skeptical.

I was born at night, but not LAST NIGHT.

:confused: Why the skepticism? He's not asking you to send him a camera, he's offering to send you a housing and all he wants is videos in return ...

Did I miss a Nigerian 409 scam here somewhere? Apologies to the 99% of Nigerians who are honest folk.

Alex

Dittohead,

It would help if you would fill out your user profile. Just click User CP.

Thanks!

Tanker299:
:confused: Why the skepticism?
Character flaw in me. I'm working in it. It's rough though when I'm right so often. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom