need advice on spearfishing fast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescue teen

Registered
Reaction score
hello well this morning my dad said that i can get a spear gun if its no more than 650 dollars well im goin diving this friday and would like to have my spear gun my only delemia is that im only 13 and i beleive ill have a great diffuculty stretching the bands. so if any1 could recomend an easy to use gun for cheap plz reply if u no of a gun thats out of my price rangs plz still reply i will use my own money if neccesary

thanks alot

I have a gun that is GREAT for a starter and I'm basically not allowed to use for a while if you want to buy it... if not, here's a recommendation: 42" AB Biller... It's not overly tough to pull the bands back, its not real long and hard to control, but it still falls in the long gun class, and its got power enough to take out most any fish a new spearo would feel comfortable taking.

y cant u use ur gun and were in fort myers

Last October I had my shoulder rebuilt for the 4th time.... I've been getting back into things slow, but the experimental pulls on the bands have my shoulder tell me "no, not yet..." with pain.

I'm in Park Meadows, right by Page Field.

Colin's gun is a 42" biller (that looks bigger underwater :)). It's a great gun and in great condition.

For Florida diving I wouldn't buy a gun shorter than 48" long.
It's the spear length that's most important.
A 48" to 58" gun can be used effectively with a line or freeshaft. Not so of anything shorter.

You can simply put longer or thinner bands on the gun until you gain the strength to cock more powerful bands. Most dealers would trade them for you. This way, a year or two down the line, you will still have a gun you want to keep.

Check out the Aimrite guns on www.wongspearguns.com, unfortunately that's the only gun you could get from Daryl Wong by Friday.

Chad

CBulla:
I'm in Park Meadows, right by Page Field.
I used to work at Paige Field as an aircraft mech! Now I'm up in Sebring working for aeromed. Sorrry to get off topic, just wanted to say hi! A corvette forum brought me here! :D

I agree with scott hornet makes a fine gun. Mu shallow water gun is a Paulope reef gun I LOVE IT switched to a fat single band though. mu other gin is a Biller 48 special , freeshaft Also a fine tool. As for gun #3 is an aluminum JBL and i wouldnt give the darn thing away to my worse enemy what a POS.

Not for a complete upheaval of opinions. Buy a pole spear to go along with your gun. It is very enjoyable diving with a pole spear especially while investigating a new spot or when a fish rocks up u can really get in there and stab untill you get em

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom