Spearfishing Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I imagine you cannot spearfish just anywhere around Cozumel. Is Paradise Reef off-limits? Diving there a few times, never saw other boats than dive boats.
No fishing of any kind is allowed within the Marine Park (outside of DMs killing lionfish). Paradise is within the Marine Park.

Gordo, aren't there people making their living fishing the waters outside the park?
I'm not Gordo, but yes there are many who earn a living that way. As we know from La Perlita, Pescaderia San Carlos, and many other favorite places of ours...

Wow... I thought let me check this thread for a minute.
Uhhh 15 minutes...:wink:

Hola Leo! I'm planning a May trip, but the wife wants a July trip. I think it only fair to compromise and have a solo May trip and ALSO bring the wife in July! I am known for my ability to compromise. It's a gift.

Don't let a few emotional types in here scare you off. The majority are very even keeled.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been split because of the considerable amount of off-topic content. The new thread may be found here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pub/417326-personal-freedoms-spearfishing.html

Please note that it is in the Pub, where you are free to talk about PETA, NRA, travelling to Cuba, smoking cigars, 9/11, shark finning, and just about anything else you would like to. However you must first apply to join the Pub, if you have not already done so, in order to access the thread. Please try to keep this thread here on the Cozumel forum about spearfishing within Cozumel. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom