Need examlpes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy is really on top of it today.

After I received some of my technical training and in preparation for taking cave, I received the same counsel that Wendy articulated. Even though not an instructor we can assume responsibility.

As usual the Green Man states the obivious and speaks with wisdom.

Just my $.02 FWIW.

This will get you started:

Diving Myths and Realities
http://www.mindspring.com/~divegeek/

Cobb's site (some of the articles on helium are dated and do not reflect current thinking)
http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/

Varying Permeability Model (VPM) Decompression Program (you can use this to find out what some folks won't post on here)
http://www.coastnet.com/~powercheck/vplanner/

GAP - Gas Absorption Program (again, you can use this to find out what some folks won't post on here) check out the decompression theory section
http://www.gap-software.com/

omar

It is hard to put this in words. When you read something and it just doesn’t make total sense. Then you read a little more and realize, you have to understand the part that doesn’t make total sense before you can continue. So you re reread the part that doesn’t make sense again, and it still doesn’t help.

Then I ask the question online and can’t explain what doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t make sense. You have understand, I am laughing at myself at this point. Then someone trying to help sends me a page or two out of a different book and it helps. I can now continue on with the first book.

I still can’t articulate the question, but I have my answer.

I dont know about your LDS, but mine checks my C card to make sure i am allowed to get what im asking them to pump. If Darian wants to read more about Mix guidelines from GUE whats the big deal. Darian isnt going to think the LDS is now going to pump him He or 100% 02. This information he was asking for is available on the web and if he wants to read it whats the harm. If he wants to learn more thats great, maybe he is doing some research on trimix to see if he eventually wants to take the class. Dont we all do that before we drop a load of $.

yes i agree he needs training in order to be able to utilize what he has read correctly, but not to read material that is available for free on the net.

Andy

Whether one chooses to do anything with or without training is entirely up to them, as far as I'm concerned. If someone is foolish enough to carry out things discussed on a forum such as this without a thorough understanding of what going on, then so be it. I'm not going to lose much sleep about it :).

I don't see a problem with someone asking about a subject they don't know much about. That's what these forums are all about, IMO. What they choose to do with the info is entirely up to them. It should be made clear, that if you do some of the things discussed here wrong, it will KILL you. Take a look at the disclaimer at the top of each of these tech forums.

I understand why people would be hesitant to answer such questions, and I respect that. That's cool with me. I can relate to people who have a never ending thirst for knowledge. I suspect if the moderators had a problem with these type of threads, they would let us all know about it.

Take care.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Whether one chooses to do anything with or without training is entirely up to them, as far as I'm concerned.

<snip>

It should be made clear, that if you do some of the things discussed here wrong, it will KILL you. Take a look at the disclaimer at the top of each of these tech forums.

<pedant>

Jumping into water with some contrived mechanical gizmo in your mouth connected to a chunk of metal with the equivalent explosive power of two hand grenades can kill you. HAS killed people.

And we discuss said activity all over the board, in case y'all havent noticed yet.

</pedant>

Do you have a drysuit? Are you ready to dive this spring? Let's get together and head to one of our beautiful Ohio quarries.

We can plan the dive, determine the mix, blend the mix, analyze the mix and then dive the mix....EANx up to 40% anyway!

I would be more than happy to discuss any topics related to diving and I am local.

training/certs include:
OW,AOW,MFA,O2admin,EAN,AdvEAN,Deco,Gas Blender,PSI inspector...etc.

C_C

Go back to your Nitrox book and STUDY, read and STUDY, look at the tables and the formulas and you will understand Trimix and depths.

ID

p.s.---Forget about the Nitrox computer, use the tables.
But that is JMHO!

I don’t want to get into a recreational discussion on the tech section of this board. BUT!!

IMHO, if you are a recreational diver on a boat trip, diving with a computer is the only way to go. You can stay down longer. Dive masters don’t expect you to be above them. If the dive doesn’t go as the boat operator planned (they take you to the wrong location), you don’t have to recalculate on the fly at depth. And Dive computers allow you to really multilevel dive.

A computer is good for what is does, but they have not advanced the technology to be useful for Tech divers. Given enough time and resources, even I could develop a computer that would be useful to Tech divers.

The tables are great if you plan the dive ahead of time, but most recreational shops don’t give you the information to plan ahead.

BTW, my problem is not with the Nitrox. It is with when is it practical to use Nitrox, vs, Helox vs Trimix. After having some contact me offline I think I understand the practical. The formulas and the science is not that hard. The practical is a different story. I have used a hammer to put in screws in the past. The Physics worked and didn’t cause me any problems. But the “Correct way” would have to use a screwdriver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom