Need help deciding on LOGO - Business Name!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
for Do or Dive...just realized the URL would be DOORdive...that's a little clunky.

The SCUBAddict choice isn't bad...but there is the thing about one A or two...maybe DIVEaddict?

That mondo bizarro fish is starting to grow on me...maybe if the artists made it even more freakish it would work...

I like Cyklon's ideas. Diveaddict is even more catchy. And I wonder, maybe the fish would be cool if it were more "out there". How about adding some sharp teeth and a devious grin? :)

I like the idea of Dive Addict -- I often refer to my interest in scuba as an addiction -- and I think that is an easy to remember combination... the scuba(a)ddict(ion) feels cumbersum== mostly because of the a/aa deal... and also.. I think of going diving or having a dive trip.. .not about going 'scuba' or a 'scuba' trip.

In terms of the logos -- the fish gives me the creeps --- it's reminiscent of what I imagine a bad acid trip to be --- and while that might go along with the addict thing -- I just don't think so.

I don't particularly like the frog riding the shark -- it screams "Hot Dog" to me -- not something that would reflect me or my interests.

I like the first frog -- and agree that I would wear a tee shirt of him -- however, he does bring to mind the akona frog.

Good luck.

Ok, I checked DiveAddict.com, and it is taken. Unfortunately, most of the best names are in fact taken - but thanks for the tips! (I tried).

Has anyone seen any 'personified frogs' anywhere in the Scuba world that look similar to mine? I do not want to be 'Mistaken' for Akona or Amphibian O- and from what I have seen, they have a more 'real world' frog - and they wouldn't be "mistaken by a reasonable person" (legal trademark terms).

I like the creative part of the Clown, but I just can't decide. I like the 'attitude' of the frog on the shark - maybe too extreme for the everyday diver. I really like the detail of the 'cricket' looking frog - almost a loveable icon.

I really appreciate the thought everyone is putting into this and all the feedback I have been given is great! Keep it coming!

Addict

I think the demonic look of the fish and be changed if the artist would add a black pupil to that eye!

I've attached a photo from one of my favorite photographers, Linda Cline aka Dancing Fish. It shows a clown fish in PNG real similar to yours. See the eye? She this to the artists!

I still like your cricket frog. He's friendly, non-threatening, and easily recognizable. The Akona frog and the AO frog are more realistic whereas this one isn't. He could represent the Ultimate in Recreational Scuba and use your ultimatescuba.com URL.

alcina - I PM'ed you their email.

This decesion needs to be made tomorrow, so if anyone else has input - please let me know. Thanks,

Addict

To everyone:

Thanks for your input on this. It has been tough - and your input has really helped. This contest ends today, so we will choose a winner by tomorrow.

Hopefully we can have some sort of site up in the near future. If there are any aspiring writers, please shoot me a PM. I will contact you when I get the site functional, and if you are interested in providing your articles to this 'online-magazine' you will have a good opportunity to do that.

Thanks again,

Addict:wink:

Addict once bubbled...
I have had some professional artists work on a logo as well <BELOW>

A little off topic, but I would be interested in contact and pricing info for the artists you used. I have an idea for a logo that I seem to be having trouble transitioning to paper.

I think www.scubaddict.com is definitely the most catchy one, and the "a" used for the two words is a good idea.

The fish, if you "soften" the devil look in its eye, could be very good - In fact the combination of the two looks terrific to me.

Just my two cents, just let us know when the decision's done. :)

Cave Diver -

The one the designed the happy frog is: Allan, allanh@castlemelody.com

The one who designed the clown fish is: Ciste, cistesbs@yahoo.com

I am unsure of their rates. Since I made this to be a contest, I paid a higher premium for my logo. I believe Allan has very good rates at his website: www.castlemelody.com

Amanda, the scubAddict.com (1 'A') is already taken. I own scubaaddict.com - so that would be have to be the choice.

Thanks for the comments!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom