Need help from you travel types...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

excellent choice. lots to do for non-divers too. Condo rental facing the water is your best and most economical bet.
Food is expensive. everything is shipped from the main land. Bring a small stash of non perishable food in your suitcase----breakfast cereal, coffee, bread, peanut butter & snacks. Try to eat breakfast & lunch in your condo or hotel room. There are lots of great places for dinner.
Since you are a so.cal boy, why not warm dive pacific waters instead of the Caribbean? Reef life much healthier too. Check out Fiji.
Direct, nonstop flights from LAX and less travel time than to caribbean. i'm also from so.cal and i have learned that lesson well. enjoy your vacation, wherever you decide to dive.

mimi

hey awesome you managed to get FF flights for xmas- well done!!!
And kona too- really good choice there. I don't know if you have been before, but I would like to drop a reccomendation for Kona Coast divers in- they were great fro me- they have a big boat- so if you like six packs- don't pick them. But they were professional and really friendly.
Do the Manta dive at night- really cool and they give you a deal to come back again of there are no mantas- not usually a prob though- i saw 4, two of which were 14ft wing spans.
Also, head to place of refuge- if you have non divers with you, firstly it is a state historical site- really cool to see, and secondly there is a cool snorkel and shore dive spot- I did it 5 times and snorkelled a bunch too. They often have spinner dolphins which you can snorkel with-so cool when they jump and spin around you. There are lots of turtles and they bask on the beach, so non-divers can at least look at then sat there. And if your non-divers just want to sit, it is a nice spot to sunbathe too!

enjoy- say hello to the turtles for me

I did a tour in 1997 on Oahu for about 8 days, and in Hilo for a couple of dates - but never got to Kona.

My wife was last ther about 30 years ago as a kid - so we're pretty fired up. Got the bool last night (Hawaii - BI Revealed.) cool book. My wife is the travel book expert (I use the web, etc.) and she gave it high marks...praise indeed, as she's a nut about travel guides.

Thanks for the recos.

K

in part because I am heading to Florida, which means that oranges will freeze on the trees, LOL!

. . . why the knock on golf? What purpose does knocking it serve? Voicing your opinion on the matter here on the ScubaBoard is equivalent to a golfer stating that "Scuba sux" on a golf board . . . which sounds kinda (choose one: ridiculous, irrelevant, obnoxious, condescending) doesn't it??

I'm a golfer by the way--just not a good one!

No hard feelings, just making my point.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom