need info on dive shops and classes in ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madeline

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My son just moved to Marietta Ga. He is interested in diving and was quoted a price of $700. for an open water course. This seems a bit excessive. as mine here in fl was $225. He was also quoted a price of $300 for fins. now I know that is a bit high, so can anyone out there recommend a reputable dive shop that he can approach?? would love to dive with him and he needs to get certified.

It sounds like your son is near Atlanta. 700 dollars sounds incredibly high. Please tell him to contact me. You can PM me his e-mail and then I can give him some information.

Do those $300 fins have scooters attached that propel you thru the water?

madeline:
My son just moved to Marietta Ga. He is interested in diving and was quoted a price of $700. for an open water course. This seems a bit excessive. as mine here in fl was $225. He was also quoted a price of $300 for fins. now I know that is a bit high, so can anyone out there recommend a reputable dive shop that he can approach?? would love to dive with him and he needs to get certified.

WAYYYY out of line!!

Madeline, if you PM me I can recommend some good shops in the Atlanta area as well as some excellent Instructors.

Bet I know the shop, huge prices.

I'd recommend Divers Supply on 41 for low priced gear, and I've heard good things about they're training also but no experience with that.

thanks,. he should be on the board watching, hope he jumps in and gets back to you all thanks so ooo much,

Diver's Supply on 41 is good for low priced stuff but don't expect anyone to know what they're talking about. Expect to see a diff. manager/victim in there on a monthly basis or every time you go in. The only other dive shop that I've been in around Marietta that either didn't have employees/owners with severe personality disorders/egos or elitist attitudes is The Dive Shop IV on 41 near Lockheed.

deadend:
Diver's Supply on 41 is good for low priced stuff but don't expect anyone to know what they're talking about. Expect to see a diff. manager/victim in there on a monthly basis or every time you go in. The only other dive shop that I've been in around Marietta that either didn't have employees/owners with severe personality disorders/egos or elitist attitudes is The Dive Shop IV on 41 near Lockheed.

That may be true about DS on 41, but Divers Supply up on 85 is great. Lots of choice, experienced/knowledgeble staff... all the right stuff! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom