Need info on Triple L Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjake

Registered
Reaction score
I am in need of a 7mm wetsuit in a jumbo petit size. I am 6' and 260lbs. Since there seems to be so much varience in sizing among suppliers I am considering purchasing a custom suit from Triple L, but the price seems too good to be true. How does the quality/comfort of these suits compare to other options? If custom made to my measurements I would hope that fit would not be an issue but less than $100 dollars for a farmer john and vest just seems too cheap.

The Triple-L wetsuits in my opinion fall into the middle of wetsuit quality. They are by no means poor quality, but they are not top of the line either.

I have two, 7mm and 3mm shorty. I also have a 3/2 body glove. I'd say fit and quality is about the same as the body glove.

If you get a custom size, the shipping will be expensive, around $50.

That's still cheap for a custom wetsuit.

Xanthro

Hi,

I can't speak about the Triple-L, however, many dive shops can order each part of the wetsuit in a different size. For example one of the LDS here will order a Harvy's in large for the John, and XL for the shorty or jacket part. Ordering a suit that way may help...

mrjake:
I am in need of a 7mm wetsuit in a jumbo petit size. I am 6' and 260lbs. Since there seems to be so much varience in sizing among suppliers I am considering purchasing a custom suit from Triple L, but the price seems too good to be true. How does the quality/comfort of these suits compare to other options? If custom made to my measurements I would hope that fit would not be an issue but less than $100 dollars for a farmer john and vest just seems too cheap.

Hey John, I see you are in Columbus Ohio. I'm in Van Wert (between Lima, OH and Ft Wayne, IN). Maybe we'll run into one another at Gilboa or one of the other area quarries sometime. I have been looking at Aquaflite suits the past two days as a result of reading some other threads and they look pretty impressive. Not as cheap as Triple L, but made in the good ol USA from what looks to be superior materials. They also offer a lifetime warranty on zippers and seams and will re-tailor suits if you sizing changes for "a minimal charge". The problem with my stuff is, it always seems to shrink instead of getting larger. I hate it when that happens. Anybody have any comments about Aquaflite?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom