Need PDC hotel recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either way, when I go back to CZ, I'm on my own.

Want to get out to the blue angel for a week.

I found a condo at 10th Ave North and Calle 30.

Instructor/dive guide told me there’s a supermarket closr.

I also wanted a quiet area, so west of 5th Ave and nowhere near the beach.
is it a studio in Piedrazul?
if it is i think that is a great area. right across from the sports park. and as your instructor said, there is a great new supermarket a short walk away.
10 ave is actually a very busy and noisey street but you are familiar already from staying at aventura.
Micaelas restaurant is one of our favs and is just around the corner on 5th ave. tons of great options close very by.

is it a studio in Piedrazul?
if it is i think that is a great area. right across from the sports park. and as your instructor said, there is a great new supermarket a short walk away.
10 ave is actually a very busy and noisey street but you are familiar already from staying at aventura.
Micaelas restaurant is one of our favs and is just around the corner on 5th ave. tons of great options close very by.
One bedroom.

even better

Just did Gobal Entry. We got conditional approval in a couple days. No scheduled enrollment interviews available in the region currently.

We made a GE run to Cayman so we could do "Enrollment On Arrival" on the way back. (Well, it tipped the scales :wink:)

My recommendation is to be sure that you have a LONG layover at your US Arrival location if you don't have a direct flight, and be sure that arrival falls well within the EOA operating hours at that location & terminal. We spent a lovely 1.5 hours in the problem-passenger CPB waiting room before we had our 5min/pp enrollment interview/picture session.
Update of sorts:

Got the email last night my Global Entry application finally had flipped to conditionally approved. Took something like five months. I was able to snag an interview *tomorrow morning* at the Rockford, IL airport about an hour away. Nothing for O’Hare. I don’t have the days off available to go anywhere, so I’ll still be able to work at least a half day. Then we’ll see how long it takes for final approval.

Update of sorts:

Got the email last night my Global Entry application finally had flipped to conditionally approved. Took something like five months. I was able to snag an interview *tomorrow morning* at the Rockford, IL airport about an hour away. Nothing for O’Hare. I don’t have the days off available to go anywhere, so I’ll still be able to work at least a half day. Then we’ll see how long it takes for final approval.
When I had my interview in Detroit, it took 5 minutes and was approved and ready to use right away with a temporary card. Hopefully yours will go just as well !

When I had my interview in Detroit, it took 5 minutes and was approved and ready to use right away with a temporary card. Hopefully yours will go just as well !
"Card"? The most recent iteration of Global Entry uses facial recognition at the kiosk. You don't even have to stick your passport in the slot anymore.

Does Global Entry help with crossing to/from Canada? I remember the application form asking if I wanted an optional card for that.

"Card"? The most recent iteration of Global Entry uses facial recognition at the kiosk. You don't even have to stick your passport in the slot anymore.

Does Global Entry help with crossing to/from Canada? I remember the application form asking if I wanted an optional card for that.
You are right - I've never needed to use either the temporary or permanent card that was mailed.
Have not been over to Canada in a long time so don't know about that !

Update of sorts:

Wow, you must be on somebody's maybe-naughty list ... Our conditional approvals came back in about 72 hours.

As far as I understand "Conditional Approval" basically means "Approved" but pending in-person verification and picture taking. Although a friend who signed up when the program first started got into an interesting conversation with the examiner about some of his misspent youth that "officially" did-not-happen.

Our final stuff came less then 2 weeks after the interview/pictures.

Hoping today is relatively painless.!

Wow, you must be on somebody's maybe-naughty list ... Our conditional approvals came back in about 72 hours.

As far as I understand "Conditional Approval" basically means "Approved" but pending in-person verification and picture taking. Although a friend who signed up when the program first started got into an interesting conversation with the examiner about some of his misspent youth that "officially" did-not-happen.

Our final stuff came less then 2 weeks after the interview/pictures.

Hoping today is relatively painless.!
🤣😂

I’ll tell you the drive was painless. The Rockford Airport (RFD) is so dinky I was able to park very close to their sorry excuse for an international terminal.

I had no idea the interview was so quick. Probably 2 minutes. Fingerprints and photo.
IMG_3206.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom