Need Philippines Visa extension info/help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@centrals

would be nice to know in which 5* resort this girl is handling visa extensions

seems like 5* padi resort is no guarantee for not being cheated.

but on the other hand isn't padi all about getting your money? still waiting to be requested to make deep diver.........

ooooo

A jeeney ride outside Tropicana to Puerto, follow with a trike to the Municipal Office.
I cannot wait to find out who is giving reliable information regarding the existance of a Immigration Office in PG.
Couple of weeks to go.

I am a US citizen and visited the PI for parts of this past Jan/Feb and did my scuba diving in Cebu and Bohol. ..I am in the preliminary stages of planning a return trip to the PI for this coming Sep/Oct/Nov starting my diving in the Puerta Galera and Sabang areas.
My dilema is the Visa extension. 59 days is the max stay with a pre-departure visa from a Philippine Consulate. ...Immigration offices seem to be few and far between from what I have been able to learn so far. ...Regardless of my agenda I would like to find a means to extend the visa without having to fly or ferry to a major city. Of course if there is no other solution then I would have to work that trip into my itinerary.

What is the easiest way to get an extension, if there is one?
You are making this too hard, it's easy. First, you don't need a visa to enter, they give you a free Tourist visa good for 21 days. If you stay longer, you should renew it (or you pay a fine and get hassled when you leave, you don't want to deal with that). You can do it yourself, the fee is about P4000 now, for each 59 day extension. Or you can pay most travel agents or resort operators a fee of about P1000 plus the P4000 visa fee, to run your passport through immigration. I've renewed my visa personally in Cebu City, in Tagbilaran (near Panglao, closest and easy), in Angeles (near Subic Bay), and I've paid to have it done when I was in many places (Puerto Galera via Batangas Immigration, Cabilao via Tagbilaran Immigration, Subic via Angeles or Manila immigration). It's easy, just do it yourself if you are near an office and have the time, about 1/2 day, or let your hotel handle it for a fee. If you know your plans, I can suggest the closest office if you want to do it yourself, but I usually don't bother. Let someone else do the legwork.

read my previous posts. either direct at the airport upon arrival approx. 2800php. instead getting the 21days free visum you get 59 days directly.

if your first destination is pg you can get the free 21 days stamp at the airport (standard procedure) and extend to 59 days while in pg. your resort/hotel/travel agent will do this for you. costs: approx 2800 php plus fee for the handler.

if you do not need more than 59 days i would do it at the airport

if you intend to stay more than 59 days the official fee for the seccond 59 days is close to 7000 php. plus handling fee

Thank you very much Rick(Frontier Scuba) for CONFIRMING that there is such a thing as Immigration Office in PG.

Just a word of caution.. I don't doubt there is an immigration officer (or someone pretending to be an immigartion officer) that shows up once a week in PG. However since the BID head office has no idea of such "satelite office" at PG, I would be very careful and recommend that you follow the advise above and get the extension at the airport upon your arrival wherein you know its legit. The only real BID offices recognzed by head office are Batangas and Calapan

and btw when you do any tranactions with BID you should get an OFFICIAL RECEIPT for the transaction. the cost pf the transaction is listed in BID website. If you are not getting such a receipt you are , if caught, subject to fines, etc etc

i am sure this rick of frontier scuba is reading here too. could you pls explain to us the situation.

why is everybody going to batangas if you can have the same in pg?

however i would asume your passports end up in batangas too, just for a much higher price?

I check with the Big Apple dive Resort in Sabang, If you need a extension let them know and they can have a runner that works with immagration take the passport and get another extension on it, it will cost for the extension visa.

lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom