Need Philippines Visa extension info/help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sets me off to see KANO's working illegally......this is my home but I "am" still a guest. Live by the laws of the land. Jeez....guess I got too fired up.

Babydamulag:
Again, do not plan on working on a tourist visa. I can't stand to see an illegal taking jobs from folks that are legal or nationals.

guess how many DMs and Instructors are working here in the Philippines that are not locals? they are from Europe, So. Korea, Japan, etc.

try asking them Dive pros you see at PG, Bohol, Etc. if they have work permits to do DIVE pro jobs here.

paolov:
guess how many DMs and Instructors are working here in the Philippines that are not locals? they are from Europe, So. Korea, Japan, etc.

try asking them Dive pros you see at PG, Bohol, Etc. if they have work permits to do DIVE pro jobs here.

plus all of us here unfortunately have at least 1 relative who has had to go TNT in the US... illegal worker din yun... took the jobs from the legal pinoys

Jag

older.gif

This thread is ancient, like me. Let it die.

I solved this issue years ago.

There is an Immigration office in Tagbilaran City, Bohol where I get my 59 day extensions.

I can get a 59 day Visa from the Honolulu Philippine Consulate before going to the RP or just go for 21 days without one and handle the extensions at the Tagbilaran Immigration Office.

Upside to getting the 59 day Visa in advance = not much other than postponing the first trip to Immigration in Tagbilaran and saving a few bucks. The Visa in Honolulu is $20. + FedEx each way of your passport (I don't trust the Post Office) + cost of the money order (no checks accepted) + sending a copy of your bank statement + a passport size photo.

Downside = the Visa takes up an entire page in my passport versus just the smaller arrival stamp without one. Your getting the arrival stamp even with the Visa.

I am a guest in the RP and as such I obey their laws. I don't work here.

sorry i didnt check the other entries as to the date, yeh its old news

I have extended my visa countless times in the Boracay Office. I have been late one or two times, by up to two weeks due to traveling around the country. All you have to do is pay a 1500 peso late fee. If you are in between immigration offices, you can say that you could not find one and they will usually not make it an issue.

The safer option is to extend it as soon as you arrive. Puerto Gallera would be the best place. You can just ask your hotel where the office is or if they provide the service? Should cost 2000 to 2500 pesos and take an hours or two max. I have had two extensions done at once with a good explanation. Hope this helps someone. Let me know if you have any questions.

BTW the reefs in Boracay are regenerating somewhat... hopefully they can from making it worse and let it start to flourish.

Back
Top Bottom