Need Philippines Visa extension info/help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't we think we needed a forum to answer these questions? It is nice to see that the information needed by fellow divers around the world is trickling out.
Now for the skinny - For US citizens that travel to the Philippines for tourism purposes the 59 day VISA is the best you can do CONUS. The VISA extension process is relatively painless once you get on the ground in the Philippines. If your intent is to work in the Philippines then my help stops here....if you plan to be a real tourist then PM me and I will give you the names of people that can be trusted to execute your extension for you. If you plan to work in the PI....scratch that idea now if you plan to do it on a tourist VISA. We have too many illegals in our country now!!!

I just talked to the Atlantis resort in Puerto Galera and they can do it from the resort in 3 to 4 days. They are finding out how much it is but it is a nominal fee.

Babydamulag:
Didn't we think we needed a forum to answer these questions? It is nice to see that the information needed by fellow divers around the world is trickling out.
Now for the skinny - For US citizens that travel to the Philippines for tourism purposes the 59 day VISA is the best you can do CONUS. The VISA extension process is relatively painless once you get on the ground in the Philippines. If your intent is to work in the Philippines then my help stops here....if you plan to be a real tourist then PM me and I will give you the names of people that can be trusted to execute your extension for you. If you plan to work in the PI....scratch that idea now if you plan to do it on a tourist VISA. We have too many illegals in our country now!!!

Are you talking about the 59 day extension being available at the airport? I am traveling as well strictly as a tourist and am staying 24 days - 3 days past the 21 tourist visa. It will cost me $125 in the U.S. to get it here including overnight mail. If there is a quicker and less costly method at the airport that would be great. What if you over stay as in my case and end up at the airport. I heard that each day you overstay is 500 pesos fee? Is this true? In which case that would be cheaper but I would not want to be refused entry in the future or be "red flagged" on future trips. Otherwise I'll play is safe and get it before I leave.

Thanks
Jason

jbb:
Are you talking about the 59 day extension being available at the airport? I am traveling as well strictly as a tourist and am staying 24 days - 3 days past the 21 tourist visa. It will cost me $125 in the U.S. to get it here including overnight mail. If there is a quicker and less costly method at the airport that would be great. What if you over stay as in my case and end up at the airport. I heard that each day you overstay is 500 pesos fee? Is this true? In which case that would be cheaper but I would not want to be refused entry in the future or be "red flagged" on future trips. Otherwise I'll play is safe and get it before I leave.

Thanks
Jason

check with the immigration officers upon arrival. they can probably help you with the extension. but if you'd be staying at a resort like Dennis does, maybe you can ask them before hand if they can do this for you.

Okay, Americans get 21 days gratis. You will need to get the extension upon your arrival in the Philippines (unless you want to pay the big bucks in the US). If you have a chance to stay in Manila for one day then you can get it back in the same day for about 2500 pesos. This is the best course of action. Again, do not plan on working on a tourist visa. I can't stand to see an illegal taking jobs from folks that are legal or nationals.

BabyD: I can't stand to see an illegal taking jobs from folks that are legal or nationals.

Happens all over the world....

Don't tolerate it! Prosecute the *******s!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom