Need Philippines Visa extension info/help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Sabang (Mindoro) any dive shop can take your passport and get your extension in Batangas. For a small fee.
In Cebu - the immigration office in Mandaue.
In Dumaguete right in town.
In Zamboanga right in town.
In Angeles close by in Dau.
In Manila - immigration office there but it is a pain in the rear end. Go to any of the others hassle free.

dutchpickle:
In Sabang (Mindoro) any dive shop can take your passport and get your extension in Batangas. For a small fee.
In Cebu - the immigration office in Mandaue.
In Dumaguete right in town.
In Zamboanga right in town.
In Angeles close by in Dau.
In Manila - immigration office there but it is a pain in the rear end. Go to any of the others hassle free.

just had a chat with some guys from immigration dutchpickle pretty much summed up their reco.

I may also need a VISA extension on my next trip there. Could I just get it myself in Batangas while going to Anilao or PG? Does anyone know the cost? If it's the same as at the airport, then I might as well not worry about it.

I overstayed my 21-day VISA on the last trip, and had to pay some penalty at the airport upon exit - I think it was about $20.

*Floater*:
I may also need a VISA extension on my next trip there. Could I just get it myself in Batangas while going to Anilao or PG? Does anyone know the cost? If it's the same as at the airport, then I might as well not worry about it.

I overstayed my 21-day VISA on the last trip, and had to pay some penalty at the airport upon exit - I think it was about $20.

why not try asking at the immigration counter/office at the airport upon arrival here. at least you get to talk to them directly. shouldn't be expensive to do it by yourself there.

So Jon, I could just do it at the airport in Manila?

Diver Dennis:
So Jon, I could just do it at the airport in Manila?

am not sure if it could be done there, but immigration has an office there...they could easily point you to the right direction. for overstaying visitors, they do in fact charge for the extended visa at the airport. i'm assuming that since they can do this, they could also arrange extensions for arriving visitors.

i'll have to confirm just to make sure.

Thanks Jon. I checked and it costs about $90CDN to do it here and I have to send my passport away. Is dutch correct in saying that the dive ops in PG will do it for a small fee? I could always stop in Batangas on the way to get it done as well.

Diver Dennis:
Is dutch correct in saying that the dive ops in PG will do it for a small fee? I could always stop in Batangas on the way to get it done as well.

i don't know with regard to PG. you might want to ask matt of atlantis if they can do it for you. i've been asking some friends in the travel industry they say you can do it at the immigration office at the airport but i'm wating for the rates, requirements and stuff so i can post it for your convenience.

btw, don't waste your time emailing the immigration offices...you'll probably get a reply by the turn of the century :laughing:

if they do reply, let's celebrate...you have just experienced a miracle! :D

Back
Top Bottom