Need reliable information on Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the thing that is bothersome with the original post is the open ended question which implys no attempt at finding an answer.

A better way to ask the question would have been. - I did a seach on Aruba and came up with these three perators. I have has less than favorable results with Operator X. So, does anyone have any personal words of wisdom to share (or have ever used)about Operators Y and Z?

This at least implys some work was done.

KidK9:
Dont get so sensitive. But seriously, watch the Caribbean forum and you tell me how often the "Going to Aruba, need operator advice" question comes up.

I did a search on "aruba operators" and eleven threads just on the first page came up. Exactly what are you typing into the search engine????? :06: :06: :06:

I did the same search, and yes, there were a lot of listings. Very few of them were actually on this topic, though. (Just because a serch lists a topic, does not mean it is on topic. One fo e those threads was actaully about Grand Cayman, etc.) Over the past year, there were only a few that had any information on this at all, and all of them combined did not yield the information that this thread did. More importantly, none of them stated with the paramenters my request had.

I did find another post from you that, like this one, told the poster to use the search engine because the topic comes up "every week."

Well Boulder, did you get your answer or are you just going to continue to cry?

KidK9:
Well Boulder, did you get your answer or are you just going to continue to cry?

Yes. I got exactly what I wanted. There are some very friendly and helpful people in this forum who gave me the information I needed. I am always happy to meet people who will go out of their way to provide helpful information, and I appreciate those who helped.

John, how gracious. Are you sure you're not from Tennessee?

I would dive with you anytime.

downdeep:
John, how gracious. Are you sure you're not from Tennessee?

I would dive with you anytime.

Thanks! I will be in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao from June 26-July 13. My wife is a non-diver so I am buddyless. It is not too late to make plans!

boulderjohn:
Thanks! I will be in Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao from June 26-July 13. My wife is a non-diver so I am buddyless. It is not too late to make plans!

How are you getting between Aruba and Bonaire/Curacao?

When we looked into it, there were not that many flight choices and it wasn't very easy to do from what we could tell.

-mike

Try S&E Aruba (www.searuba.com). My husband and I got our OW there last August. We liked them very much. FYI - Last we knew they are the only source of nitrox on the island. All other operators get the nitrox from them, unless things have changed.

When we were doing our research, they were the ONLY operator to respond to our emails. They accommodated our short schedule (5 days there). I can't tell you what they're like on boat dives, we did all shore dives. But they don't have the cattle boats like we saw at Pelican. They are a smaller outfit.

If you email them they will answer any questions you have.

Enjoy your trip! Aruba's lots of fun.

PS: my husband appreciated the nude beach next to the shop...

boulderjohn:

My hubby and I will be in Bonair June 28 - July 6. When will you be there??

Back
Top Bottom