Need Some Advise on My AquaLung Legend LX Supreme Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max02

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Currently own an old Aqualung Legend LX Supreme which was serviced just last month.
Its the only REG i have ever owned and works with no issues. But it is Old . 1st stage is EN250;
2nd stage is En250 and I purchaed a newer Octo (Legend Octo 250A) .when the service was done.

So I would like to upgrade 1st and 2nd stage to EN 250A
Am I over thinking This or am I Just Looking for an excuse buy a new Legend LX Supreme Rig ???

Thanks for any Input

2003 LDS says it still breaths well ,,,

.."There are more than one EN250 standards now because of this. EN250:2014 is the current standards that all Scuba regulators must meet but there is also a separate annex 'A' standard EN250A. Most manufacturers have regulators that surpassed the previous standards so much that they already meet the new guidelines so they simply have to brand their newly produced regulators with the new EN250A." Source google results

YES DANA that is my concern "do i need a reg with EN250A standards
My reg was always well cared for BUT maybe its time for a new Cold water Reg
This Current reg has no ACD or Master Breathing System ,, Never thought I needed those..

I think you are just looking for a reason to buy something new. Been there.
(And I can certainly help with that purchase if you like.... :eyebrow:)

.."There are more than one EN250 standards now because of this. EN250:2014 is the current standards that all Scuba regulators must meet but there is also a separate annex 'A' standard EN250A. Most manufacturers have regulators that surpassed the previous standards so much that they already meet the new guidelines so they simply have to brand their newly produced regulators with the new EN250A." Source google results
That is pretty much dead on. The EU testing standards have changed over time. And your regulator was out of production before the 2014 standards came in, so I would not expect that anyone spent any resources ($$$) on going back to test an out of production model. So I can't say yours would meet the EN250A standards, but I also have no reason to say it wouldn't. The test checks performance at depths beyond recreational limits, while close to low on air, at a fairly strong breathing rate, in cold water.

It sounds like both your 1st stage and your 2nd stage are one generation removed from the current models. I suspect the major difference in the 1st stage is mostly cosmetic, although it is a slightly different main body. Yours may also be old enough to pre-date the inclusion of the ACD (Automatic Closure Device) feature. Your 2nd stage probably has both a Venturi switch and an opening effort (cracking pressure) adjustment. Current Legend LX combines them both into one control, their MBS (Master Breathing System) control.

For anyone interested.

What is EN250?

You do not need a new regulator. You do not need a “Master Breathing System” and you certainly do not need an ACD.

There are divers still safely diving regulators decades old.

But of course as Jack^^^ said, if you just want a new one, than yes, you need it.

Fresh service and works good?
Nice.
Buy an IP gauge in the next year or so to monitor its health and enjoy your high performance reg set. Rinse and repeat.
What you buy today will be no better than you already have.
Maybe some new custom lenth hoses?

But if you do decide to replace yours, you could always go for broke and get the Legend LUX Supreme. Performance/design etc. are identical to LX, but the PVD finish and Rose Gold parts will show far less wear and tear over time from everyday use, if at all. (No, mine is not a LUX, I stuck with the LX. But I probably thought it was just a cosmetic difference at the time I bought mine.) Either way, if you get something new you already have the matching octo.

Thanks everyone for fast and acurate Replies.. I needed confrmation of what i was thinking ..but wasnt sure
And JACKD , that devil is still whispering in my ear "GO AHEAD ..PULL THE TRIGGER"
SO YOU MAY HEAR FROM ME AFTER ALL :)

Back
Top Bottom