Need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zzoldtown

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a problem with my ears. I can not go under more than ten feet or my ears will start hurting bad from the pressure. Is there anything that could help with this problem would be awesome

I use docs pro plugs. They make it easier to clear and I don't feel like I have water in my ears for a day or two after a dive.

I also came across this...

I've not tried it and not sure how well it would work wearing a hood, which is just about all the time unless vacationing down south. Seems like the ear cups would need to make a tight seal around your ears.

Do you know how to equalize? Start before you descend and keep doing it. If you feel pressure you're too late, go up a little and try to clear.

practice sitting in your living room or whenever you think about it, trying different methods
careful of course to not over pressurize!
Point the offending ear toward the ceiling to straighten the tube
and try to figure out how to clear them by just using lower jaw thrust (not pinching and blowing)

It's worth emphasizing Boarderguy's statement "If you feel pressure you're too late..."
If you haven't kept up with/ahead of the need to equalize your ears then even with proper technique you won't be able to equalize until after you sufficiently ascend and try again.

Well I never have equalisation problems

However if I am busy, descending fast, can't find my fingers or my nose and feel some pain heightening
I equalise when I'm able, without having to ascend, then continue to have a merry happy equalised dive

So what are you all talking about Willises

Well I never have equalisation problems

However if I am busy, descending fast, can't find my fingers or my nose and feel some pain heightening
I equalise when I'm able, without having to ascend, then continue to have a merry happy equalised dive

So what are you all talking about Willises
"Never have I ever" is a pretty big boast and recipe for disaster simultaneously... But I'll take the bait:
Never have I ever (yet..) kissed a SB member's mum... I have no comments on happy-diver's mum being quite the looker; utmost respect to everyone's mums while I'm attempting to avoid conflicts... But Chiefs WILL be win (and if not, at least it was fought as good of a fight as any non-rugby players could hope for...) .

Hey mate mine is a far more than fifty year example and completely divorced from your childish fishing expedition

Yes my darling mother was quite the looker, even when I wrapped her in the shroud, and carried her into her grave

Shoveling clay onto a shrouded body makes less, a completely different noise than when it lands loudly on a coffin

024.JPG

Even cobbled together a temporary grave marker from stuff from the Op shop and from other stuff in the laundry

030.JPG

A looker, time in the sun faded a bit perhaps in sympathy, as the only looking left will be through cold dead eyes

Put the old man in there recently, the inscription reads "On top at last"

Kiss away!

"Never have I ever" is a pretty big boast and recipe for disaster simultaneously... But I'll take the bait:
Never have I ever (yet..) kissed a SB member's mum... I have no comments on happy-diver's mum being quite the looker; utmost respect to everyone's mums while I'm attempting to avoid conflicts... But Chiefs WILL be win (and if not, at least it was fought as good of a fight as any non-rugby players could hope for...) .

Sorry happy-diver, I definitely didn't mean to bring up any sensitive subjects in my banter or my failed attempt at humor.. I was honestly just completely shocked a diver that seems to have as much diving experience as you would have never have had equalization problems. I am fortunate to very rarely have equalization problems, but on a couple occasions when I've needed to dive it's been a real struggle to equalize due to something as otherwise trivial as a lingering head cold...
(As side note, a neti pot can help clear up lingering conjestion and I'm not a fan of meds to dive but Mucinex can also be of help if it's congestion related...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom