Need some input choosing the right gun for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i remove the safety on all my guns...just turn it on and slide the pin out or take a Dremmel and cut it off. It will just cost you a big fish someday.

If you only load and unload in the water (NO LOADED GUNS ON THE BOAT OR ON LAND!!!!) and never aim it at another diver or yourself(you'd be surprised) you shouldn't need a safety.

Good luck, and be safe. It is a deadly weapon.

Charlie

yeah im probobly going tokeep the safety because i will proboble share it with my buddy so it will avoid some dangerous incidents

well i thought i would show a picture of my new gun and my old cressi
DSC00238.jpg

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spearfishing has been proven to be highly addictive!

Welcome to the sickness!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congradulations on your new gun!!!!!!!!!!!

happy Hunting

thanks guys, i also have a question, do any of you have a clip of some sort on your gun to you can just attach it to yourself on your safety stops and stuff? i always did tis with my old one, and i called sfs and they said they dont recommend clipping them to your bc. i still put a clip on the butt, and i will only have it suspended while its not loaded, is there some big danger im not aware of here?

, do any of you have a clip of some sort on your gun to you can just attach it to yourself on your safety stops and stuff?...

I have a double-ender brass clip that I also clip off to my shoulder D ring at my 'half-stop'. Bands are unloaded, clip on the butt end so the point is facing down. I can then undo my SMB at this depth. Some hunters clip it off to their stringer which is hooked to a waist D-ring. Just me, but when I do this I keep kicking my gun (loosening my spare shaft) and just gets in the way. Others clip it to their SMB reel, but I don't use a reel, just a 5 inch eye bolt.

There's probably tons of different ways to do it, but you'll want to make sure it's easy to get at, to either hand off to the boat or if a big fish comes by to reload for. I'm against floating your gun up to the surface for boat pickup. It leaves you with no defense for a shark and SMB's pop/break which could send your expensive gun to the bottom. But I still see alot of hunters float their guns.

Congrats on the new purchase!

I keep my loaded gun in hand ready for defense at any safety stop. I unload right before I get to the boat. Sharks can be pretty aggressive on safety stops and at the surface.
Remember to never feed the sharks.
Dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom