need to practice skills - including the rescue ones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to wonder if they asked you to leave more for your protection than theirs. Not sure how good samaritan laws or personal injury suits work in Egypt...

Aside from that, good job! Too many people with no clue what to do, and of those that do, too many that wouldn't get involved anyways...

There are no such regulations in Egypt. Anyway I stayed there till the paramedics came and they took over.
I don't think they were trying to protect me but rather themselves. In case of any diving accident the diving centre is questioned and may loose the licence. So I was an unwanted witness who could make a testimony on the lack of skills of their instructor.
Whyat's the most important after all is that nothing serious happen to the boy.
Lamont - yea secure position is the one on the side with one arm under head and crossed legs - so the body will not fall over.
Mania

what was the name of the dive centre just so i no not to go there .
i had a similar experience my self i just qualified as a recue diver at the time been certified 2 weeks any way we were on a boat dive me and my buddy were on board as he aborted his dive could not equalize when suddenly an instructor popped to the surface shouting his head off 1 of his students had passed out and sank like a stone as i had not dived i said i would go and get him so put on my gear went in and asked were was the last palce he saw the student he told me by the drop of near the pink coral. now i no i did a stupid thing but was not going to leave a diver down there i went down to get him on air to 72 meters were i found him unconsious my coputer said i did not need to do a deco stop so i did not got hom to the surface and he was taken aboard were he was revived an was taken by helicopter to the chamber were he made a full recovery . why did the instructor panic and leave the guy is what i want to no were where his rescue skills these are the ppl that teach us them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom