needing less and less weight.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon,

Muscle tissue weighs more than adipose tissue (fat). Additionally, adipose is positively bouyant in water and muscle tissue is negatively bouyant in water. If you are replacing adipose tissue with muscle tissue, that will impact your bouyancy.

Sounds like a combibnation of comfort, technique and maybe some compression aging of your wetsuit. Nobody can put percentages to it all but they are all likely contributors. Congratulations on the progress.

Pete

Spoon:
guys i have been racking my dives and have been diving almost every other week. have been experimenting with my breathing buoyancy, have been getting in shape and incorporated cardio/weights to my weekly regimen. in the last two months the weights i have been using have been getting less and less.

3mm wetsuit, warm tropical waters, al 80 tank. haclyon ss bp 6lbs

i started using 8 lbs excluding my lbs bp months ago, then dropped 2, then 2 then 2. now i just use the backplate for weight. have been using this for about 3 months but noticed after my DIR fundies a great improvement in overall buotancy and trim. but only recently have i noticed that bec of my healthy lifestyle and constant diving that i may be a little overweighted and have outgrown my ss bp. think its time to go aluminum and shed the 3lbs.

question is, what can i attribute this drop in weight to? is my buoyancy improving? am i more comfortable? dropping fat?? i want a scientific answer to my questions i am really curious. thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom