Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a very large Rebreather trip planned with Nekton in September.. it will be a full boat. we have 28 Rebreather divers going with a few OC wives...

befor planning this trip, (I am the organizer) we did a trial trip last year on the Nekton Pilot with captain Nelson, and Captain Brice.

I had 13 rebreathers on board that trip.

Now I have no dog in this fight becuase I have never been on the other boat. but given the fact that the boat crew had Zero experiance with rebreathers I can still tell you the trip went without a hitch, The crew were very attentive, Food fantastic, and both captains I were consumate professionals. and the crew were there every step of the way to help us even though rebreathers were basicly the other side of the moon for them.

The Crew and the Pilot boat did such a good job handleing us last year that I Sold this years entire rebreather trip out in 9 working days due to the reputation last years trip recived online.

Captain Brice is still with the Pilot.. so my exspectations of this trip are very high.

out of the 13 rebreather divers that were on last years trip. 11 are going on this years. so you can see Nekton did fantastic job for us.

I personally would look at the issues posted here as an isolatated incident and not indicative of how the entire company is run.

My 2 cents.

Wow, sounds like it will be an awesome trip. We never had rebreather groups, but I am glad to see that Nekton is embracing the technology. It took way too long to get nitrox on the boat, to cater to digital photogs, and accept other newer technologies. The company used to frown on letting people bring double cylinders, so it appears they have come a long way (as far as embracing technology).

I sincerely hope that all this stuff was an isloated incident and that things are back on track. Looking forward to your trip report.

Does not look like an isolated incident with the new thread that was started.

Wow, sounds like it will be an awesome trip. We never had rebreather groups, but I am glad to see that Nekton is embracing the technology. It took way too long to get nitrox on the boat, to cater to digital photogs, and accept other newer technologies. The company used to frown on letting people bring double cylinders, so it appears they have come a long way (as far as embracing technology).

I sincerely hope that all this stuff was an isloated incident and that things are back on track. Looking forward to your trip report.

The economy worked in my favor getting Nekton to agree to host rebreathers. I also handled all the logistics so it was some what of an easy deal for the crew, they did not even need to fill bottles.

I to hope the situation on the other boat was isolated.

Does not look like an isolated incident with the new thread that was started.

All these threads make me want to book a $999 October trip to St Croix just to see if its that bad. I definitely enjoyed my trip to Belize on the Pilot 2 years ago. I never considered the Nekton a luxury liner, but, it had easy diving and decent food so it met my needs.

Well I've already paid for my trip at the start of October and already have flights so if the company is still afloat I will be going. However if I had seen these threads before I had booked I'd be going someplace else. I just hope we get to dive the north side more then one day. After all the main reason I'm going is for the diving not the drama.

Well I've already paid for my trip at the start of October and already have flights so if the company is still afloat I will be going. However if I had seen these threads before I had booked I'd be going someplace else. I just hope we get to dive the north side more then one day. After all the main reason I'm going is for the diving not the drama.

I want trip reports from both you and Scott. I would like info and opinions from people I know. You both have quite a line of BS but I can recognize it and filter when I read your posts. :rofl3:

I wish you both a good trip and fun dives.

Art

PS Scott? I lied when I told you Nekton guaranteed Blue Ringed Octopus and Flamboyant Cuttlefish. :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom