NetDoc Finished his Cavern today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats Pete

Congrats, Pete. It's a shame we all didn't end up doing the course together as originally planned, but it was best in the end since you didn't have to eat my spaghetti!

You guys have all the fun :(

Way to go Pete!!!!

BZ
Rick

NetDoc:
I did see a new "feature" while I was down there. There was a huge impression dug out in the sand... it looked liked where that croc hunter guy wrestled with a really big one. Crikey! There were fin marks EVERYWHERE, and what looked like a face print in the wall.

After the dive I asked GDI what might have caused that, as I have never seen that there before. "SimBrooks" was his reply. "You mean he did that during his lost line drill?" I queried. "No, just needs to work on that bouyancy a bit, eh!" :D
Mmmm, not sure what you are insinuating here, i can tell you that as i did the lost line drill my hands doing line sweeps did touch the bottom and as i found the wall i went up it a little, found some soft sediment that i am sure i imprinted on. If you dont actually find your boundaries how can you be sure you havent drifted over your line in your search??? My fins however do not touch the bottom, only my finger tips when searching. In fact in my lost line drill i went under the line, then as i found the wall i knew i had gone as far as i could, so knowing i had snagged the line and thats how i found it - not as good as dropping straight on it i am sure :wink:

Simon, true skill is just lost on some. Don't let it bother you. Dropping straight on the line the first time is a sign of a stilted imagination. I KNOW that you knew where the line was all along, but just pretended to look for it so as to display your silting er finning skills.

Hey Sim,

maybe you can demonstrate that stellar technique at Blue Spring next Saturday? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom