Never build a boat, story of the Ho-Hum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to take some current pictures and videos. Here is a quick video walk through from last summer. There have been many updates and changes since then, but this is a rough idea of the layout.

Boat specs are
1959 Marinette 28 Sportsman
34' OA
10'4" Beam
4500 pounds with light fuel
450 hp from 2008 Etec 250s
196 gallons fuel, tanks are independently three way valved, either tank can feed either or both engines.
10 gallons oil
Three bilge pumps 2700 GPH
Washdown pump
Three group 31 batteries. One per engine, one deep cycle dedicated to elevator, switchable to charge from either engine. Both engines can bridge to elevator in the even of a charging system failure, one engine can run entire boat.
Head
Twin ICOM VHF
Lowrance 12" dash and side scan
Lowrance 7" backup graph
Furuno Radar
ICOM loudhailer and foghorn

As I was reading this I wondered similar thing.....

Very nice layout, is this for personal or charter?
Love your big shop,
The shop comes in very handy trying to build boats in the winter in Michigan. This is the third boat I have built there. We are closed at night and on weekends, so I tend to take over the building.

I built this one for charters.

This is my personal boat.
I built it several years ago. It is also all aluminum and has a platform and ladder.
Been there, done that.
1644031656203.png

1644031682572.png

Fantastic, well done.:checkbox:

Thanks for showing us this nice built.
For a guy like me with two left hands, I am always amazed by these skills.
Congratulations:clapping:

Looks like I need to come out and charter some dives on those Michigan lakes. Impressive to say the least.

Looks like I need to come out and charter some dives on those Michigan lakes. Impressive to say the least.
Let me know when. 2022 is already pretty much booked and a few weeks of 2023. Lots of people wanting to dive and not very many boats.

@Tracy nice, what’s your background? I’d be unable to do what you did even if I wanted to …

@Tracy nice, what’s your background? I’d be unable to do what you did even if I wanted to …
I am a mobile mechanic by trade.

Absolutely Spectacularly Brilliant!!!

S.S. Minnow III

My next purchase will be a shed and I'm going to build a house in one corner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom