Never build a boat, story of the Ho-Hum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was getting it fitted out for the season yesterday. Figured i would add a current picture. I made a top over the winter.

16FE2CE5-5070-49EB-AAAF-521C5B0B49B0.jpeg

Can you fit a gyrocopter on there

Well Done!!! It looks great. I'm tempted to come on out there and take a ride in your elevator.

Only question, why 6061?

Well Done!!! It looks great. I'm tempted to come on out there and take a ride in your elevator.

Only question, why 6061?
Availability. I run in fresh water, 5000 series isn't needed without salt. The hull is 5386. The lead time was in months for 5000 series locally. 6061 was on the shelf.

I was getting it fitted out for the season yesterday. Figured i would add a current picture.
Have you done any 'sea trials', what you guys in the US call "shakedown cruise" since your refit ?
The usual checks.

Have you done any 'sea trials', what you guys in the US call "shakedown cruise" since your refit ?
The usual checks.
Yes. It was out and running a few trips last season.

Just some recent updates. It has been a busy season so far. The bare aluminum hull was difficult to keep clean, I quickly grew tired of the scum line and decided to give it a coat of paint. It is now a gloss white and much easier to scrub down.
People seem to like it thus far. I have been pleased with it. I am still tinkering with it most evenings, adding handles and filing rough edges. The elevator makes life much easier.

1657168321868.png

1657168362912.png

1657168398495.png

1657169199779.png

1657168524990.png

Not a lot of updates for this year. I did wash it and add some new decals yesterday.
I had new canvas made for it over the winter. The only real project on the docket for the winter is to move the center bilge disharge outlet up 6". It sits flush with the water line when I am loaded and I don't like cheap plastic tubing being the only thing keeping me above water.

1676958215288.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom