Never build a boat, story of the Ho-Hum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1711938047225.jpeg

With the cabin done, I finally started on the seakeeper install last weekend.
The seakeeper generates up to 10G of force to stabilize the boat. If it isn't mounted well, it will either rip itself out or rip a hole in the hull.
I double plated the existing hull, then added twice as many gussets. Notched the gussets and plated the top to make a flat mounting surface.

1711938178644.jpeg

1711938191277.jpeg

1711938217090.jpeg

1711938238543.jpeg

With the floor welded in place and solid, I was finally able to test fit everything today.
It fits, it all has to come back out to secure the mounting plate, but everything fits.
It has 1/4" clearance on each side dropping down and has a 1/2" clearance to the deck above it.
Next weekend I will get the mounting plate secured and finally start the wiring and plumbing.

1711938405052.jpeg

1711938376196.jpeg

1711938388019.jpeg

That is amazing.

If the boats a rocking, something very bad has happened... wait, that's not how that goes

:oops:

Amazing work. But I think you need to recheck the definition of "simple".
It would have been much simpler than the route I chose to take.

When you get this mod done, it will almost be time to build another boat and make it the way you want it this time..LOL. I've never been on a boat with a sea keeper, guess I need richer friends.

So is that a giant gyro?
Basically, yes.
It keeps the boat stable instead of rocking with the waves.

Back
Top Bottom