Never saw a rig like this. Should I have???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasteve65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was checking ebay when I came across this listing. Can someone tell me what on Earth (or any other planet) this bcd is set up for??? That's a SP R109 attached to the inflator hose. How? and Why? Are they orally inflating the BCD through it? Could that be a splitter down by the 109? I see a slight bend to it, maybe. But it sure doesn't look like it has a bcd quick connect. How did they attach the LP reg hose to the corrugated hose? I've only been diving 25 - 28 years. Did I miss a trend or does it pre-date me?
bcd1.jpgbcd2.jpg

Simple. Somebody picked it up at a garage or estate sale, and does not know what goes where. It's on old sea quest bc. The seller stuck the lp hose of the 109 into the corrugated hose where as the inflator assembly should have been zip tied to it.Missing a first stage to attach the 2 lp hoses.

Ah! of course. I was so mystified by what I was seeing I missed the obvious. Right, the hose protector on the 109's LP hose is loose so the hose is jammed way up. At first glance is looks to be a 10" hose coupled to the corrugated hose. Meanwhile I'm zooming in to try to rationalize the whole thing. Thanks. Now I can bid wildly on it. lol. Or not.

Lol. I would love the 109. My first reg was a 109 with a mk 7. Can't believe I sold it. It did not become a "classic" till a few years later. Kind of like my '66 Pontiac tempest rag top with the 8 cylinder 326 with bench seat, manual floor shifter and 4 barrel; or my <5L '96 Mustang GT ragtop with white top, white gauges and white leather.
Sigh.

I was checking ebay when I came across this listing. Can someone tell me what on Earth (or any other planet) this bcd is set up for??? That's a SP R109 attached to the inflator hose. How? and Why? Are they orally inflating the BCD through it? Could that be a splitter down by the 109? I see a slight bend to it, maybe. But it sure doesn't look like it has a bcd quick connect. How did they attach the LP reg hose to the corrugated hose? I've only been diving 25 - 28 years. Did I miss a trend or does it pre-date me?
View attachment 116610View attachment 116611

What Tim said...

I understand the feelings of loss associated with the '66 tempest, but the MK7, Really? Now I don't want the Knights of Templar or the Protectors of All Things Scubapro outside my door but I sill use one. One end of a 100' cord is tied the MK7 and the other end to a Clorox bottle. When the color scope says we're over the wreck, I drop it. If that yoke was removable you could also have a sweet chrome plated marine ditch-able weight. Probably weighs about 8lbs. Uh oh, I already see a suspicious looking car outside my house. And it's not a Tempest. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom