New and improved Tech fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New HOG TECH FIN foot pocket dimensions for L, XL, and XXL anyway
Large Depth 8.25 toe to arch Width 4.0 Height 3.25 at back Overall fin length 19 inches Widest Dimension Blade 9.25
Depth 10.00 toe to heel
They fit well with my Edge 5 mil boots size 8, my size 8 Pinnacle 7 mil hardsoles will not go in

X Large Depth 8.625 toe to arch Width 4.25 Height 3.375 at back Overall fin length 19.75 Widest Dimension Blade 9.875
Depth 10.5 toe to heel
These fit the hardsole boots.

XX Large Depth 9.00 toe to arch Width 4.5 Height 3.5 at back Overall fin length 20.25 Widest Dimension Blade10.5
Depth 10.75 toe to heel.
I don't have a pair of scuba boots on hand big enough to fit these.

So while you may normally wear a L, XL, etc, take note of the dimensions of your foot with the boot on. I thought I could get away with one fin for all my different set ups. Maybe if only in warm water or just diving dry. But different style boots of the same size may require different fins.

When I get a pair of mediums in I will add those. Oh yeah, the red color is really cool
14.gif

Come standard with spring straps of course. Also in black. The length and width means they will fit in/or strapped on to a carryon size bag​

Honestly, if you are looking for a new set of tech fins, then look no further than the Hollis F1 fins. They are the best fins for tech. They provide excellent propulsion and are short enough to maneuver in the smallest areas, be it cave or wrecks. They are also the most rugged tech fin I have ever owned.

A friend of mine uses the F-1 fins.. I have dove them a few times, they are ok, compared to my Jet fins, but nothing spectacular....comparable to the other standard issue ruber fins out there.
As for rugged, they couldn't be any more rugged than the other rubber fins on the market.
The only difference, between any of them, Jet fin, Rocket II, F-1, Poseidon, and some generic Jet clones I have is feel in the water.

Of course, these Hog fins are available in the US. And they are red, which is kind of cool.

Cheers
Mitch

Honestly if you are gonna post in the HOG area pushing another brands product at least do us the favor of having tried our fin....

Honestly, if you are looking for a new set of tech fins, then look no further than the Hollis F1 fins. They are the best fins for tech. They provide excellent propulsion and are short enough to maneuver in the smallest areas, be it cave or wrecks. They are also the most rugged tech fin I have ever owned.

Those look nice and would go great with my red TLS350!!! Hmmmm

Did you look and see that you are in the EDGE/HOG Forum? Have you given the new HOG's an honest test?

Hey Jim,

I'm currently on a trip to Korea.
When I get back home, I'd like to order a pair of those new fins. I want to try a pair that are a size bigger than XL Jet fins, something for my drysuit boots.

Cheers,
Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I don't have a pair of jets to use for comparison measure the foot.pockets on them and compare with the dimensions I posted of the HOG fins and order the ones that work for you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Will do Jim.

I'll measure my Jets when I get back home; probably around the 10th.:cool2:

As far as performance, how do tech fins differ from say your Edge fins. I ask because I am switching my gear and will be ordering from Jim. I currently use AquaLung Caravelle's. They are very light but uncomfortable compared to my old jet fins. For purely recreational diving would there be any advantage to the Edge line versus the HOG tech line?

In all honesty aside from the price if you are talking about purely recreational diving the Edge fins, I prefer the Transcends for under fifty bucks, will do the average diver just fine for a long time. Where the tech fins, especially the new ones, shine is that they come std with spring straps so you don't have to spend another forty on after markets that are not as well constructed. In addition the tech fins are shorter making them more travel friendly IMO, they are just bit stiffer in the blade so they respond a bit quicker and to me the foot pocket is more comfortable. And being rubber they will take a bit more abuse than the Edge fins. For those of us that dive wrecks, caves, and shore dives with rocky entries that can be a real plus over the long term. While I strive to never hit the sides so to speak it does happen. The Edge fins are a plastic like construction as many recreational.fins are and are designed for more or less benign conditions. Tech fins tend to be more forgiving.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom