New BP/W!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chazzjoh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got my new single tank DSS setup in the mail yesterday!! Running the harness through the backplate was actually pretty easy, I had a harder time figuring out the tank cam-bands but once I got the first one threaded the second one was easy.

So now I've got a new BP/W and am ready to go diving!!! So I call a few friends.... no answer.... so I call a few more.... still no answer... So I call my roommate... He picks up!

I ask if he wants to go diving b/c I just got a new toy!!! and he says "sure, I have a few things to finish up at work then I'll be right home!" So I start fiddling with the straps and get them sized a bit, cringe as I cut the excess off the waist and put the whole rig on.

My roommate comes home and walks in the house and sees me doing dishes... still wearing my rig...

"Dude, how long have you been wearing that?"
me "since I called you I think"
"Um, that was about 3 hours ago"
me "yeah, I'm excited... and my arms are a little stuck" :confused:

After he laughs at me alot and helps get me out of my fancy smancy new rig we get our act in gear and go diving!!!

WOW! The water was warmer, the vis was better, the fish were more colorful, I used less air, my buoyancy was perfect and there were beautiful girls just lined up waiting for my attention!!!!

ok, ok so the vis sucked (maybe 4 feet), the water is still mid 60's (which actually IS a bit warmer!) we didn't see much of anything never mind fish, and there were no girls at all to be seen..... but I am really impressed with how stable I felt and how comfy the HOG harness is (I did wear it around the house for about 3 hours before I went diving after all.) Went out again this morning and am still amazed!

My only disappointment with the whole thing is this:

When the UPS guy took the box out of the truck it was awfully small and plain. No bigger than my laptop satchel, in fact. I was really expecting something bigger and flashier that just screamed at the world "I am the answer to all that is BCD!" So, Tobin, can we work on that whole flashier box thing? Everything else is perfect! :D

and thanks for your help!

hahah I thought the exact samething. I was like, 'WTH? There is NO way a BCD could fit into that small (__Y__) box." After I put it all together, I realized that I'm no longer dealing with a jacket BCD that takes up my trunk space in my Camry. :wink:

Michael

Maybe if the box has Cartier emblazoned on it?

mwhities:
hahah I thought the exact samething. I was like, 'WTH? There is NO way a BCD could fit into that small (__Y__) box." After I put it all together, I realized that I'm no longer dealing with a jacket BCD that takes up my trunk space in my Camry. :wink:

Michael

And yet, we get people on SB talking about how BP/W suck to travel with. And asking how they pack down. My BP/W, full set of hoses, and hardware came in a box that wouldn't have fit my laptop bag. Amazing.

Chazzjoh:
WOW! The water was warmer, the vis was better, the fish were more colorful, I used less air, my buoyancy was perfect and there were beautiful girls just lined up waiting for my attention!!!!

That's pretty much the standard effect :D

Glad to hear the goods arrived, and you are enjoying them. I'll have the marketing and packaging divisions start on a new box design today :wink:

Tobin

PerroneFord:
And yet, we get people on SB talking about how BP/W suck to travel with. And asking how they pack down. My BP/W, full set of hoses, and hardware came in a box that wouldn't have fit my laptop bag. Amazing.

No doubt. I have NO earthly idea why people would think it would suck to travel with. I bought the huge StahlSac bag to accommodate my Oceanic BC and everything else. (It all barely fit in there.) Now I have ALL (literally) of my scuba gear in the bag and it's only using up about 1/2 to 2/3 of the bag. I guess I need to buy more gear!

Michael

Yeah, I decided on the BP/W for traveling when a friend in Egypt had me bring her gear in February after she moved. My gear and her gear in her gear bag and my BC alone took up more space than all of her stuff. Anyway, 4 dives on it and still in bliss!

Tobin, maybe your "art student" could do the packaging!~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom