New Branch Office in USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exactly.

I really wish they had real dealers.

I mean for example, if I can buy the light at my LDS (for a competitive price), then if I have a problem for it, then he typically stocks parts for the stuff he sells.

fixing it is simple.

1.) take the light to my local dealer (who stocks most parts)
2.) he fixes it
3.) I pick it up a couple days later.

simple huh?

seeing how my LDS will match any price, I get great service and great pricing all at the same spot :D

Why yes Mike, that's exactly how things should be.

Hey Tilly, do you have stocking dealers here in the US who have parts? Bulbs, ( LEDs ) cords O-rings and the like?

Does anyone know how the TillyTec lights compare to say the MBSub TWINLED-Cave light?
Right now I have my choice of lights narrowed down to the TT2 LED 1000-S2 Tanklamp and the MBSub TWINLED-Cave light.

Most if not all of my diving is done up here in the Northeast where it's pretty dark, poor visibility and cold :) Depths can range from 100 to 300 fsw

I have used a Sartek 21 watt HID in the past but now I am looking at getting an LED canister light that is pretty close to the 21 HID.

You can not compare those two lights. If you want a light for your condition of the water you describe, poor visibility and dark, I would not get a light with 2x1000 lumens (TWINLED-Cave light) because of the light scattering! I would recommend the LED 1000-S2 or better the LED 2000 from TillyTec.

We have a comparison of a few lights on our website:

Light Comparisons

TillyTec
889 N Clara Ave
Meridian, ID 83642
USA

Does this help

Sorry Matt, haven't seen your questions.

Here are the answers of it

Would it be possible for you to list the light output in lumens on your site? I realize that no single number measurement is perfect, but most lights seem to be ranked in lumens which makes comparison shopping a little easier.
Lumens is the light that comes out from the LED in ALL DIRECTION 360 degrees, but divers need the light in ONE DIRECTION in front of them ! So we need lux not lumen

An example:

You have two HID 10 from WA
both have 500 lumens
light A has 12 000 lux
light B has 6 000 lux
(you can check it on homepage from WA)

both lights have 500 lumens
but it tells you nothing about the lightpower that comes out in front of the diver!

light A is 2 times brighter than light B !!
but both have 500 lumens!

So which light would you choose? A or B

For example, my 10W HID is about 500 lumens. I'd like to know how your LED 500 and 750 compare. (I see you have a halogen comparison listed, but that's meaningless to me as I never used a halogen dive light.)

You have an HID 10. In this nice world there are only 2 manufactors that build HID 10.
HID from WA in USA
and
HID 10 from brightstar in far east
both have 500 lumens ( ok one have only 450 lumens )

but what light power comes out in front of your light ?
what kind do you have ? Halcyon ? Salvo ? DiveRight ?
All of them are between 6000 and 15 000 lux
Our LED 750 has 20 000 lux and the LED 1000-S2 has 30 000 lux

We promise you:

TillyTec is building the brightest LED worldwide
If you can find any LED on this planet that is smaller, brighter and has a longer burning time then our LED's than we will give you a TillyTec for free, for nothing. Compare it !!!!
No one has found a LED which smaller, brighter and has a longer burning time so far!

Also, can you give me some more information about your adjustable focus LED can lights? Your TT2 LED 750 light lists adjustable focus from 8-10 deg. Can that be changed any time during the dive? I have seen older designs where the focus needed to be set before you went below 15 feet or so. I know several divers who are interested in moving from HID to LED, but won't make the switch until adjustable focus is available.

The only TillyTec LED light head that is adjustable is the LED 1000-S2 and it is as bright as the HID 19 from halcyon........and is fucusable up to 32 ft, but our TillyTec/MOD WARP 10 Ultimate is focusable up to 145 ft!!!

http://www.tillytec.net/DIR-Light/View-all-products.html

compare it
you wont believe it

Regards

Ralf

TillyTec USA

Last edited:
exactly.

I really wish they had real dealers.

I mean for example, if I can buy the light at my LDS (for a competitive price), then if I have a problem for it, then he typically stocks parts for the stuff he sells.

fixing it is simple.

1.) take the light to my local dealer (who stocks most parts)
2.) he fixes it
3.) I pick it up a couple days later.

simple huh?

seeing how my LDS will match any price, I get great service and great pricing all at the same spot :D

Yes that would be simple but since we just opend our branch office here in the USA we are still in building a dealer network. We have over 300 dealer in Europe and trying to reach more here in the USA. But meanwhile you can got to your favourite dealer and ask him to add our products to his/her program. :wink:

So until a dealer is around in your area you can buy parts through our US website.

Regards

Ralf

TillyTec USA

Pretty nice lights. I love the modular concept. Hopefully you will get dealers in the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom