New Club Proposal: Venice Fossil Divers

Should a "Venice Fossil Diver" club be started?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then lets call it a club.. I guess we need a discription? Any volunteers wanna step up and write that?
What's needed:
  1. Name;
  2. Description;
  3. 1st Club Host (user name);
  4. 2nd Club Host (user name, optional).

What's needed:
  1. Name;
  2. Description;
  3. 1st Club Host (user name);
  4. 2nd Club Host (user name, optional).

Ok, I'm gonna throw in my $0.02. Feel free to add, amend, rewrite or discuss.

1. Venice Fossil Divers
2. A central location for fossil divers and divers of fossils to meet, brag, exchange site information, post dive reports with weather conditions and pictures of their treasures.

I nominate Walter as 1st club host, pending his acceptance.

I'm in - but now we'll have to decide if there's grounds for an offshoot of the Peace River Fossil Waders.

That is an interesting point I didn't consider. Fossils are hunted for and found all over the state, not just Venice and the Peace river. Shall we change it to Florida Fossil Divers, or since a large percentage of fossil diving is done along Venice Beach let the others fend for themselves? The problem is you can't make everyone happy so you have to play the percentages.

Keeping it geographically Venice, will, in the long run be better. If it is opened to the whole state for fossiling, the intent of the club is lost.

Keeping it geographically Venice, will, in the long run be better. If it is opened to the whole state for fossiling, the intent of the club is lost.

I agree!

I'm all for it! Great idea. This is definately needed to have one spot dedicated to the art of fossil hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom