New Cozumel Restaurant: Kondessa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from Cozumel and wanted to share news of a great new place to eat. Kondesa is a modern Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks off the main square. It has only been open for a few weeks but the food and service were excellent. The atmosphere is sophisticated but informal and it has a great vibe and design. Service was excellent and the best part was the value proposition...since they are new on the block they want to build up traffic so the prices are excellent...and the food is outstanding! This place is run by two brothers, one of which also owns Kinta.(another great place)..which is just down the street. Go check it out! It is located on 5th Ave between 5th and 7th.

Kinta is one of our favorites as well so we can't wait to check out Kondessa during our March stay.

Had the opportunity to stop in last week and Kondessa is sure to be one of the "must do" stops when in Cozumel. It's run by Jason, the brother of Kinta's Chris who was also there that night. Scubamax is right - the vibe is great, the food reasonably priced for what you're getting and the atmosphere is a blend of tropical restaurant and very swanky bar. There are places for non-diners or people who are waiting for seating to mingle in the dining area, a very cool oasis with white chairs, sofas and tables, the dining area is overarched by a large, lit tree and neon accent lighting is everywhere. There are even a few parking places out front on 5th if you're driving but they fill up fast. I think they hit a home run with Kondessa. If you want to try it I'd recommend arriving either early or later, after 9 because the place was jammed all last week.

I just came back from Coz. Tried Kinta and Kondessa. Kondessa is clearly the winner! Outside garden is beautifully designed. . I'm a vegan and they went out of their way to accommodate me. Jason stopped by at the table to chat - he's a great guy. Both these places would do well even in NYC. The food is superb - Highly Recommended.

(BTW: Kinta is also wonderful - I just preferred Kondessa).

I just came back from Coz. Tried Kinta and Kondessa. Kondessa is clearly the winner! Outside garden is beautifully designed. . I'm a vegan and they went out of their way to accommodate me. Jason stopped by at the table to chat - he's a great guy. Both these places would do well even in NYC. The food is superb - Highly Recommended.

(BTW: Kinta is also wonderful - I just preferred Kondessa).

Gonna be there at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Been to Kinta. Can hardly wait to give Kondessa a try.

Last edited:
"Down the street" as in toward the square or away from the square from Kinta(Kinta is very good---thanks for the headsup, we'll be there in March)......In fact, my wife just told me earlier today 'I want to go to Kinta for our anniversary(we'll happen to be there for it---)

"Down the street" as in toward the square or away from the square from Kinta(Kinta is very good---thanks for the headsup, we'll be there in March)......In fact, my wife just told me earlier today 'I want to go to Kinta for our anniversary(we'll happen to be there for it---)
Actually, if I read the location of Kondesa correctly, it's in the opposite direction from the square as Kinta. Kinta is north of the square by 2-3 blocks, and it looks to me that Kondesa is a block or two farther from the water and south of the square by 3 or 4 blocks, pretty near Le Chef.

But as always, I could be totally wrong. :confused:

Actually, if I read the location of Kondesa correctly, it's in the opposite direction from the square as Kinta. Kinta is north of the square by 2-3 blocks, and it looks to me that Kondesa is a block or two farther from the water and south of the square by 3 or 4 blocks, pretty near Le Chef.

But as always, I could be totally wrong. :confused:

You're not wrong. It's just around the corner and down the street from my house. Kinta is a bit more of a hike. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom