New diver and impressed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dothetime.... welcome to SB.

If you're going to talk to Captain Rob again anytime soon, let him know the web site is a good start, however, I'd 86 the neon red headings with the exotic typeface, and use a nice bright white against that blue background in an easy-to-read, standard block type (much friendlier on the eyes).

Anyway... good luck... dive safe.

Capt Rob already has a username on SB, and I will just say for the record that the IP address is different for this user (believe me... I can find a sock puppet if I LOOK). Muggsy (my wife) personally told Capt Rob to tell his customers to join SB and post praise. It's only been 24 hours since the original post. Not everyone camps on SB 24-7 and many new users woudn't realize that they'd get 12 replies in 24 hours. Many forums take days to get even a few replies.

Well I went on Captain Walt's boat and had a great time. You can go to his web site....LOL

Welcome Diver. Enjoy....thay only bite when thay smell something funny.

Muggsy (my wife) personally told Capt Rob to tell his customers to join SB and post praise.

Fair enough. Perhaps it would be a good idea to let him know to tell his customers about forum etiquette? That way OPs like these would not be seen with such suspicion. It is generally poor form on any forum I have been on to make your first post basically an ad for a service. In most forums I am on it is against the rules and new people who do so are generally banned. Not all of them are dodgy (i.e. about 1%!) but it is a reaction to the mountains of spam that many forums get.

I explained that to him myself today. This (if it is a hit and run) is a misunderstanding. I explained how forum users see this kind of posting as spam (if in fact it IS a hit and run), and that while encouraging people to post is good... it's important to explain that if they have no intention of staying on the fourms, to not bother posting their report, as users will generally react this way.

I would still hope that the OP will return to SB and be a productive member of the society :)

C'mon peeps... I always tell people we are the FRIENDLIEST Forum for Scuba out there and you slam a guy's first post just because he is excited about a great time he had? That is some major cynicism!

DoTheTime, I promise: they are just off their meds today!

Dear ScubaBoardians. If you feel that we have a sock puppet in our midst, please just hit the report button. We can check all sorts of things. Few make it past us for very long. Some even THINK they do, but they have no idea that we know them already. :D

FWIW, we have a LOT of charters and LDSes ask us how to make an impact here. I tell them to hand out stickers and ask their customers to post something about them. If you read the first post, it's obvious that he didn't quote stuff that a captain would be PROUD about. So please, rather than run these guys off, let's cut a little slack: it's GOOD FORUM ETIQUETTE! This way, we will hear about ALL of the charters and ALL of the LDSes from all over!

Captain Rob, if you're reading this: Good job! Don't stop encouraging people to join and post! He was honest and that is the BEST forum ettiqueete! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom