New Diver from Dallas..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebird2XC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all.. I'm Charlie. I live in the Dallas, area, and complete my Open Water this coming weekend.

Already totally in love with diving. Have all my own gear short of a wetsuit.. and am planning a dive trip the first week of September.

Any and all advice on how to be a safe, environmentally conscious diver that's a good dive buddy and a potential divemaster would be much appreciated. Also- if you were a noob, and could go anywhere in the world to a learn a few things, where would you go?

I look forward to talking with, meeting, and diving with y'all. Cheers.

Welcome to the club. I'm still a fairly new diver, always learning and haven't had a lot of time to dive lately, or our weather ruined it. Some of my first "trips" diving were in Hawaii and Alaska, although they weren't specific dive trips. I won't stray too far out of my lane in that area though.

Welcome aboard, there's always Clear Springs Scuba Park, seems to be a nice little local place people go. That's about the extent of my diving. It's fairly close and I don't feel too bad not having a buddy since there's always others close by.

Welcome, Get as much practice in this summer at Clear Springs or Athens as you can so you will feel comfortable in the water maybe head down to Lake Travis Scuba and go out on the Giant Stride dive boat when you can.

Welcome, Get as much practice in this summer at Clear Springs or Athens as you can so you will feel comfortable in the water maybe head down to Lake Travis Scuba and go out on the Giant Stride dive boat when you can.

Giant Stride boat? Where is that out of?

Welcome to the Swamp! Stay tuned...someone here on this forum is diving nearly every weekend, and most of us welcome new divers who want to meet up and share some dives. CSSP is good and Lake Murray is about the same time/distance away for most in the Metroplex area.
Of course, right now your main intent should be getting more experience and honing your skills. The only real way that happens is with more time underwater, so DIVE and then DIVE SOME MORE!
Again, welcome to the ranks of nitrogen addicts. Hope to see you underwater some time!

Welcome. I'm glad to see you made it down here to the TSD Forum. I try to welcome every diver that I see from TX posting in the introductions and greetings; however, for some odd reason, very few make it down here to post. Hummmm...maybe it's me? :confused:

Anyway, I'm one of the divers Guba mentioned that generally dives every weekend, or sometimes during the week. We have formed a small club here recently with very active divers. If I'm not diving I can generally point you to 3-4 others that are. :)

And to answer the question you asked to Electrix (no offense to Electrix for stepping in): The Giant Stride is the boat ran by Lake Travis Scuba.

Check it out: Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Robert, the owner tends to post on here from time to time.

Safe dives,

Cyp

If you do facebook we have a loosely knit group of divers at" Clearspring Divers " that you are welcome to check in on. I am at CSSP a lot during the summer usually helping with classes, I am usually one of the first to sign in on the weekends so I usually get a good shady spot which is handy. It is mostly instructors and dive masters but you are welcome to join us.

I'm going to try and make it to Travis in the last weekend this month. A little diving and camping. Care to join me? Pm me if you are.

Welcome to the Swamp. Work on your buoyancy at CSSP. Come out on any weekend! Some of the LDS have fun dives too. Check them out!

Back
Top Bottom