New Diver in Jupiter, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makologic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone, 41 yo new diver here. Moved to paradise in Jupiter, FL two years ago, finally did my open water cert with Jupiter Dive Center a month or so ago. Have a few dives in now, all drift dives off Juno Ledge. Sharks, turtles, Rays, Goliath's etc. If you dive here you know what I'm talking about. Pretty much hooked, plan to dive as much as I can. Looking for dive buddies, if you are in the area let me know! I also have a boat and fish a lot here. I lurk on Floridasportsman as well, same name, MakoLogic.

Looking forward to meeting some of y'all! Actually planning to dive tomorrow afternoon from JDC.

You're in luck! You are smart enough to be living in a diver's paradise!
come visit the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook or Vero Beach Scuba Club - Home

we always are diving Jupiter and palm beach and always have member trips going out. Plus dues paying members receive discounts on dives and gear from the shops and ops that support us!

You are in a good place. Check out some of the threads on Blue Heron Bridge for a popular regional shallow shore diving option; I hope to hit it someday. I had a trip with 10 dives in Jupiter, but didn't make it to the other area offerings. Note some of the threads distinguishing Jupiter from other offerings; West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach & Pompano, and especially the Keys (Key Largo seems to be the big draw).

I think this thread on Distinctive Caribbean & Fl Dive Destinations gets into it a bit. My trip report from Key Largo, where the shallow reef diving is much different from Jupiter.

You've got such fine diving options on the southern Florida coast, it may be awhile before you hit the Caribbean.

Richard.

thanks all, ya I can see this is going to be a regular thing. The reef drift dives are really cool, looking forward to some wrecks as well. I did Blue Heron for my first OW certification dive, was really shocked at how much life there was on that dive. Very cool site. I plan to go back and spend some more time there as well. It's all within a few miles of me, just bought my gear so I think I'll be doing this more and more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom