New Diver in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natal_nihilist

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I've recently moved to Manila and have taken up diving. Really kicking myself now for not doing it sooner. Always went to the Underwater Club parties at university, but never felt compelled to join because the water was so f*&king cold in Cape Town.

Anyway I now have 20 dives in the book, got my open water, advanced open water and nitrox cert. I have been to Boracay, Puerto Galera and Moalboal, have trips planned for Bohol and Coron this year and Tubbataha next year. Looking to head out to to the nearby dive sites in Anilao/Subic/Puerto Galera/etc. more often on the weekends once I've organised a car because wow does using public transport here suck. Not that driving in Manila is much easier.

Always on the lookout for suggestions on where to go and what to do, if there's anything I should know about diving (or living for that matter) in the Philippines, equipment store recommendations, etc. please let me know!

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the UW world.

PI is a great place to dive, nice warm water and generally great vis.

Too many places to dive in PI, you are spoiled for choice.

Welcome. Glad you're here, and hope you'll post some trip reports. Your experiences at various Philippines destinations may be helpful to others. I think the Philippines have gained considerable interest on ScubaBoard over the years.

Richard.

Malapascua was worth the trip. Wish I had had more time there. Dont bother with Cebu IMHO.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the UW world.

PI is a great place to dive, nice warm water and generally great vis.

Too many places to dive in PI, you are spoiled for choice.

Yeah for sure, might be difficult diving at home after this!

Welcome. Glad you're here, and hope you'll post some trip reports. Your experiences at various Philippines destinations may be helpful to others. I think the Philippines have gained considerable interest on ScubaBoard over the years.

Richard.

Okay yeah I'll definitely try and document everything as best I can.

Malapascua was worth the trip. Wish I had had more time there. Dont bother with Cebu IMHO.

Yeah Malapascua is on this list for sure. Do you mean the diving on Mactan Island or the city in general?

Cebu as a city in general … it just didn’t do it for me at all.

I did Bohol and loved it. you get to check out the chocolate hills and big eye monkeys on top side days.

There are many places to dive in the country. Domestic flight is dirt cheap.
From Davao and General Santos in Southern Mindanao to San Fernando in La Union(north of Subic Bay).
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom