New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R. McCraw

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently received my open water certification and just returned from Maui, where I had the opportunity to dive Molokini Crater. Waht a great experience. I was able to log two boat dives at Molokini with Maui Dive Shop and two shore dives at Wailea Beach with Charlie Dolfun SCUBA Safari at the Grand Wailea.

Charlie, Don, Matt, Eric and the rest of Charlies staff were phenominal. Charlie took me out on my first scooter dive. We saw a few turtles and eels. I had a great time for my first day on Maui.

The second day I went out to Molokini Crater with Maui Dive Shop on the Maka Koa. The crew was fantastic and we had a lot of fun. Had my first encounter with a baracuda and a black tip reef shark. Trey took photos and video that I was able to purchase for memories.

The third day on the island I took my three children out with Charlie and Don at the Grand Wailea, for a discover SCUBA dive. I must say that I was extremely nervous because I was new to diving myself, but Charlie and Don made their experience one they will never forget and they have not stopped talking about it since. Looks like I may be investing more to get the family certified soon.

I discovered this website because I was experiencing "tooth squeeze" and I was concerned on how to fix it before I went on my trip to Maui. I did a search and found a few posts by a dentist on here. I contacted my dentist and it was related to my sinuses and I was able to fix the matter in time to enjoy this great trip with no more "tooth squeeze". This is a great place to get help.

If you can't tell, I am a little enthusiastic about this new hobby. I want to learn more about underwater video and photography.

Welcome to SB.

I recently joined the site and they are quite informative, supportive and encouraging! You have questions, We can do our best to get them answered!

Welcome to The ScubaBoard! I recently joined too & everyone has been helpful! BTW, I *LOVED* diving Hawaii! Enjoy! :)

Welcome Aboard !
Ahhhhh the Grand Wailea. Best 1000 per night i've ever spent.
Fabulous place.
Enjoyed Molokini but had other sites I preferred.
Definitely a return trip in the works.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Glad you fixed the problem before you got wet ... very cool.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I look forward to getting info about diving from all of the good people on this board.

As my good friend at the Grand Wailea, Charlie Dolfun, told me - "Be a diver, not a jiver."

Back
Top Bottom