"New diver"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New diver, certified for 12 years.

Hey y'all newish diver from Madison WI, here. I got my open at John Pennekamp in Key Largo and did a handful of dives and loved it. Living in the Midwest I didn't (or so I thought) have a whole lot of opportunity to dive and I also never wanted to go alone, so I just fell out of it.

Fast forward to this year I took a trip to Hawaii and a few weeks before I left I got the bug. I searched for a few shops in the areas I would be staying and ended up doing two trips in Honolulu and two trips in Kona. Since I've been back I’ve discovered there are a ton of diving opportunities in the area and while I still don’t have any dive buddies, I’m sure there will be soon.

Still cold here so I’ve just been researching gear to buy and shops to visit but I'm getting really excited about revisiting this hobby with sticking power this time.

Welcome from the Chicago area!

I'll be out at Pearl Lake opening weekend.

You've got the big lake not that far east of you.

Pearl Lake looks pretty fun, never been in a lake before but I think that's about to change in a big way.

This year I'd like to make the rounds to Milwaukee, pearl lake, devils lake, Mendota/Monona, and maybe down to Bonne Terre mine. As well as get my OWA, Id like to do some wreck diving and learn more about underwater photography.

Welcome. I live in Roscoe, IL, about 10 minutes from Pearl Lake in South Beloit. My wife and I want to dive more, currently only each having three dives (in Grenada) outside of our certification dives. I work up in Madison, WI so maybe I'll run into you sometime.

Welcome!!! In AZ now, but I grew up in your neck of the woods (Portage, WI).

Welcome. There are some places to dive here in the Midwest that you might explore too.

Belated welcome! I'm also a Madison diver (and there are a few more lurking around the board). Madison Scuba, now located in Sun Prairie, is my shop of choice. Starting in late May and running through early October, our dive group goes out every Tuesday night to a different site in town. We typically make a few special runs up to Devil's Lake for evening and night dives. And as it so happens, I'm going to Bonne Terre for the fourth time next weekend.

I'd be very happy to answer any questions you have about local diving, including Lake Michigan, Wazee Lake, and what little I know of Lake Superior in the UP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom