"New diver"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Provided we can go diving in Chicago sometime! I'm in Chicago for work for the next couple of months (stretching into the early dive season).

How are your knees with surface swims? The zero-depth entry dive requires several hundred feet of surface swim before reaching the drop point.

My knees are fine with surface swims. I do a mile in the pool 3 times a week with my dive fins. I have splits, they are perfect for surface swims. :D

Oh, and there's no diving here locally until the beginning of April when Haigh Quarry in Kankakee opens. The boats don't get out on Lake Michigan until perhaps early May. Haigh is usually open for a weekend in Feb for ice diving (if certified) or cold water diving if no ice.

And cold water doesn't bother me.

Schwob and I are friends IRL.

Last edited:
Well it took a season but after some good research and absolutely forcing a friend who did half his certification and never finished out with the 4open water dives to reschedule and get it done (next week at Diversions) I'm ready to go. After he's got his cert I think we're gonna run down to pearl or devil's lake.

Until then I'll be testing out my new gear sitting patiently in the bathtub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom