New dry suits, need new fins !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I can tell, the boots fit all the way into the fins. But I'll be in Monterey tomorrow if you want to see for yourself :D

rhlee:
As far as I can tell, the boots fit all the way into the fins. But I'll be in Monterey tomorrow if you want to see for yourself :D
MAN!!! everyone is and i cant be there!!! thanks for the info though!! i will be back soon, i am tied up this weekend, she might really tie me up!!!!and she is real cute lol

I ran into the which same problem... bought my ($) split fins (which I love) and them changed over to the drysuit/rock boot. very quickly realized it wasn't the fins that were too small, it was the shoes that were too wide (girl feet;-) Soo ditched the boots and went with Converse All-Stars. Nice fit, I don't do much rocky shore dives that necessitate the rock boots... and I look really cool.:14:

Humu-out-of-Water:
I ran into the which same problem... bought my ($) split fins (which I love) and them changed over to the drysuit/rock boot. very quickly realized it wasn't the fins that were too small, it was the shoes that were too wide (girl feet;-) Soo ditched the boots and went with Converse All-Stars. Nice fit, I don't do much rocky shore dives that necessitate the rock boots... and I look really cool.:14:
HM....interesting, as this (converse) was suggested to me, thanks so much!!

Jim you will be ok (maybe a tiny tight) with the turtles. I have them and use DUI rock boots that are size 11, and also use slightly longer spring straps with the turtles. The turtles have a smaller fin pocket (than the xxl jets) and require a longer spring strap so my foot doesn't feel like it is jammed into the fin pocket.

I also own xxl Jets and prefer these (using shorter spring straps) with my size 11 rock boots. The xxl jet fin pocket is LARGER than the one size fits all turtle fin. Much larger, that is why I use shorter spring straps with the xxl jets. The shorter spring straps keep my size 11 boot more tighly in that HUGE xxl jet. The XL jet will be WAY too small for you so get the XXL. Make sense?

For the original poster who would prefer to buy splits, just for the record, my TWIN jets were size L and fit perfectly with my size 11 rock boot. I liked the twin jets but prefered the regular jets. Unfortunately the twin jets are also VERY expensive like the apollo stuff.

scubadobadoo:
Jim you will be ok (maybe a tiny tight) with the turtles. I have them and use DUI rock boots that are size 11, and also use slightly longer spring straps with the turtles. The turtles have a smaller fin pocket (than the xxl jets) and require a longer spring strap so my foot doesn't feel like it is jammed into the fin pocket.

I also own xxl Jets and prefer these (using shorter spring straps) with my size 11 rock boots. The xxl jet fin pocket is LARGER than the one size fits all turtle fin. Much larger, that is why I use shorter spring straps with the xxl jets. The shorter spring straps keep my size 11 boot more tighly in that HUGE xxl jet. The XL jet will be WAY too small for you so get the XXL. Make sense?

For the original poster who would prefer to buy splits, just for the record, my TWIN jets were size L and fit perfectly with my size 11 rock boot. I liked the twin jets but prefered the regular jets. Unfortunately the twin jets are also VERY expensive like the apollo stuff.
yes! and thank you for the info, one other real problem i have with the new mares black passion fins i bought is that my boot dosent go in all of the way in and that really bothers me, so hope the turtles will fit the boot all of the way into the fin!! thanks again

BTW Bill - don't use my chart for any fins other than Jets/Turtles - it won't work with Twin Jets either as the sizes are very different - Let us know what you find in that price range for split fins however as the most popular Split fins seem to start at $150.

Jim - fwiw I used size 14 converse with Turtles and had a great fit, I actually found them to have better flexibility than my wetsuit boots.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
BTW Bill - don't use my chart for any fins other than Jets/Turtles - it won't work with Twin Jets either as the sizes are very different - Let us know what you find in that price range for split fins however as the most popular Split fins seem to start at $150.

Jim - fwiw I used size 14 converse with Turtles and had a great fit, I actually found them to have better flexibility than my wetsuit boots.

Aloha, Tim
thank you i think i will try that, i also thought of useing my wetsuit booties and old/origenel fins??? just a thought!!

Tim, thanks for the ideas. Based on budget issues I may end getting the Aeris Velocity Duos. They are only $70.00 online and came in a close second to the Bio fins in Scuba Labs last review. It doesn't make sense to me to spend $150-200 on fins when there are so many other things I still need to get for diving.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom