New equipment help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Dragon and love it. It is very comfortable, but a bit heavy to travel with. It is also a ScubaLAb tester's choice this month.

Do you guys think i should save some cash and get the aqualung titan instead of the legend? I am also thinking of the cressi aqualight r bc

The Aqualung Titan is a great regulator (I even considered purchasing one myself recently). It frequently scores high in many reviews. While there would be a difference between the Legend and the Titan I'm sure you would be very happy with the Titan and save a few $$ in the process.

I had the same dilemma. I ended up buying the Titan LX with the free octo. I love it. My understanding is that unless you are going to do cold water diving, the Titan is the way to go. Save your money and buy a nice Henderson hyperstretch wetsuit with the difference.

ebzhighestbidder:
Well those 2 i was told that they inflate on bothe sides and the back, giving you a bit of a balance. Like i said im not locked on the bc, and i have been really looking at all of them. I will not purchase anything until i try different styles, maybe i wont like the big and bulky ones....

Just to give you some insight, I have a BCD that is 'semi-back' inflatable as the vendor claims, meaning it is not actually back-inflatable, but almost all around inflatable.

If I were to buy a new BC now, I'd go with back-inflatable without thinking twice about it, and with minimum crap on it (perhaps even a BP/W). It may seem you need a BC that inflates all around, but in reality, you don't, not even on the surface (and this goes from somebody who is a mere begginer in the world of diving, been certifed for one year now). Marketing BS on the whole balance thing. And, the less fabric/plastic/whatever it has on it, the less weights you'll need, plus you'll feel more confortable in something that does not squeezes you but inflates only on the back.

Check out Zeagle stuff, it seems that they make nice back-inflatable BC's, or check Deep Sea Supply for a great simple single tank rig (BP/W).

I'll see where I go from now when I either wear out my current BC or just replace it for the sake of shopping rush. :wink:

ebzhighestbidder:
Well those 2 i was told that they inflate on bothe sides and the back, giving you a bit of a balance.
I just dont know whether they are good or garbage for the money, maybe i could get the same for less.

I suggest you at least try the BC you're thinking about buying before you take the plunge. That way you will find out for yourself if there's more balance from a jacket style bc or a back inflation bc.

I don't think either of the bcd's you mention are junk just a bit overpriced IMHO. The Malibu sells for less than the ProQD at least where I've seen it. Yet it is more comfortable and less bulky.

Wys.

I bought the Cressi Aqualight R about a week ago. I like the features and the fact that it's light yet seems quite durable.

Only thing I'm having a problem (if it is a problem) with is figuring out if the BC needs "trim" in the back. There are no pockets back there so maybe it doesn't require any.

Look for my thread about this.

Sy

ebzhighestbidder:
Do you guys think i should save some cash and get the aqualung titan instead of the legend? I am also thinking of the cressi aqualight r bc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom