New Fantasy Island Package Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was going to post this evening about the FI special as I just got my sport diver mag and also noticed others with package deals this fall.

Question : So who has the best deal this late fall ( end of nov. beginning of Dec. ) This one seems hard to beat ?!? With or w/o airline, resonable accomodations and of course great diving.

This deal looks hard to beat

Question : So who has the best deal this late fall ( end of nov. beginning of Dec. ) This one seems hard to beat ?!? With or w/o airline, resonable accomodations and of course great diving.
If you're trying to beat $100/night including room, food, beverages, and diving, uh - well, good luck. :laughing: This with air package expires before November tho.

You could use the Orbitz 200entertain discount and get about that in Cozumel altho not an AI package. Anything after Thanksgiving - iffy but maybe.

Albany to Cozumel for Nov 13-20 starts at $461
With the above discount, you can get air, Villablanca room, including tax for $539 double occ, $596 private so that makes your room cost about $8-$19/day including taxes. With the lower air fair and almost free room, you can dive and eat for $100/day - especially with lower air, but beer would be extra.

This deal is for those wanting to get to Roatan.

Dandy, what about the drug war stuff - Is it safe for those of us who just want to unwind. Mexico with machine guns. Costa Rica w/ extra locks on the transmision and public warnings to touists about stopping etc. However FREE beer - well thats a no brainer.

Dandy, what about the drug war stuff - Is it safe for those of us who just want to unwind. Mexico with machine guns. Costa Rica w/ extra locks on the transmision and public warnings to touists about stopping etc. However FREE beer - well thats a no brainer.
Do you have a passport? While there may well be some areas on Roatan island I would not want to visit, they would be difficult to seek out from FIBR. I never bother leaving the resort except on dive boats really and that little cay is quite secure and quiet. The resort meets your plane and takes you back to the airport. While the beer and wine is free, you don't want to hit it too much on a dive trip of course. Hydration is paramount and alcohol can undermine that.

I don't know anything about Costa Rica. There are parts of Mexico and many other countries to avoid sure, but those are usually easy to avoid for tourist divers.

Dandy, Here is what we are thinking. Looking at a flight from Alb to RTB in mid nov. cost is $ 505 per. Been all over the posts this morning and have shot a e-mail off to Ocean Connection and their connected with Seabreeze lodging and have 10 dives and a apt. for $ 400 ? On the other end of the spectrum is the Mayan Princess. Rather eat and make our own food and besides, we dont drink all that much anyway. Will keep you posted on what they come back with. Thanks for the guidence.

Dandy, Here is what we are thinking. Looking at a flight from Alb to RTB in mid nov. cost is $ 505 per. Been all over the posts this morning and have shot a e-mail off to Ocean Connection and their connected with Seabreeze lodging and have 10 dives and a apt. for $ 400 ? On the other end of the spectrum is the Mayan Princess. Rather eat and make our own food and besides, we dont drink all that much anyway. Will keep you posted on what they come back with. Thanks for the guidence.
$505 cool! :thumb: I see that now for Nov 13 2010 to Sat Nov 20, not for the week following. Jump on it, and work out the rest...!

DandyDon - not trying to totally redirect this thread - HOWEVER - just got a chance to stay in bonaire at the divi flamingo for $390. The fare to get there looks like it will take ALL of the savings in accomodations. Since you seem to be the resident SCUBABOARD travel guru - do you have any tips. Found two round trip tix from NYC for 588 each. UGH, any advice

DandyDon - not trying to totally redirect this thread - HOWEVER - just got a chance to stay in bonaire at the divi flamingo for $390. The fare to get there looks like it will take ALL of the savings in accomodations. Since you seem to be the resident SCUBABOARD travel guru - do you have any tips. Found two round trip tix from NYC for 588 each. UGH, any advice
Haha nope, don't know anything about Bonaire. I reacted differently at first until I reread your post, but it sounds good. Start a spreadsheet and compare. Ask on the ABC forum for ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom